Hey, I have a question regarding age and equipment. I am 18 and may be getting a job with a landscape Company. My possible future employer is not used to hiring 18 year old and was not sure if there were going to be any complication with the law or with insurance regarding me using all the different equipment so I thought I would try and find out what the law is. Thanks so much.

Uhm, what "equipment"? I take it that you know for a fact that you aren't considered an adult in this unnamed state? In any event, zippy chance of anyone being able to give meaningful feedback on this when you haven't named the state. :)

Anyway, not up to you to educate your employer (and I would hope the employer wouldn't be expecting you to figure out what's what, or even trust that you'd know what you were talking about if you imparted X-Y-Z info). If the employer has concerns, they should talk with an attorney or do the research with the state labor dept., etc.

I live in North Carolina and am considered an adult. But are there still any restriction or complications with law or insurance with me using equipment such as tractors, mowers, weed eaters, power saws, chemical sprayers, and rototillers, all typical landscaping "equipment". I would love a reference to a North Carolina Law. Thanks

You already posted about this and I'm not sure why you'd create a new thread. :)

Again ... state labor dept. That said, as far as I know, you're an adult in NC at the age of 18 and no longer a minor (though, damn, most kids scope this out well in advance and know damn well when they are no longer legally under anyone else's thumb). :)

[This post has been moved to the appropriate discussion. - Moderator]