Sign in to follow this  
kitkat741

I am so scared

I almost hit someone yesterday, he jumped the hood of my car and walked to the curb and held out his hands and told me to slow down I drove to the school driveway and as I was driving he threw a water bottle at my car and he started walking toward my car, I wanted to stay and talk to him but my boyfriend told me to go, the man left first then I pulled away. I know I didn't hurt him. He was walking just fine and my little sister sister said he was looking for me today. there was nothing wrong with his leg and he wasn't limping. Is this considered a hit and run and what should I do. I am a single mom trying to save money to go back to school. Please tell me what to do.

Not clear what you mean by "he jumped the hood of my car".

"Is this considered a hit and run and what should I do."

If you didn't hit someone, then I'm not clear how it would be considered "hit and run". That said, he's free to claim you did hit him, of course.

"Please tell me what to do."

I'm not sure what you expect folks to say. You're free to not seek him out or ignore him if he approaches you. If you're afraid he will sue you, then you report the incident to your auto insurance.

Worth considering that the act of having to pole-vault over your car may mess up his arm or shoulder, no? You still came in contact with him. I don't know how fast you were going, but even if you were almost at a full stop, still wouldn't matter if he had to pole-vault over your car to avoid it hitting the rest of his body.

If the police come knocking, all you can do is explain your side of the story and go from there.

my sis and his friend said he was perfectly fine and he didn't hit the ground, I had a friend talk to like 4 cops and they all said if he didn't hit the ground it's not a hit and run and he walked away and didn't get my plates and he only had a 24 hour window to press charges. I want to apologize to him but I'm scared to seek him out and he might hit me. some men aren't above hitting women

Generally, if your car is involved in any kind of motor vehicle accident, you

are required by state law to follow a few basic procedures. These often include

exchanging information with anyone involved and ensuring that any injured person

receives help.

Take a look at these articles on more information about hit-and-runs: