Sign in to follow this  
towguy

Traffic ticket infomation

I got a traffic ticket today from a Harris County deputy.I think that he may have messed up in writing it.It was vauge about the location of stop(how is he supposed to know the address when there is no address numbers on the side of the highway?).Next,he only put part of my tag number on the ticket.He did not list the road,weather,or traffic conditions.Also what are the state of Texas laws on the adjustment of his radar gun?Thank you for your reply.

The thing to remember in Texas is that your copy of the ticket is only a notice to appear. The vagueness is acceptable, he only needs to show a general area (as specifically as possible due to situation). As far as the license number, it will be on the affidavit. Please remember cops are human too and will sometimes miss somethings, the courts recognize this. The other stuff is only extra information, and may or may not apply, depending on the violation. As far as the RADAR goes, it depends on the manufacturer and department policy, there is not a specific laws dealing with RADAR calibration or any type of adjustment that I am aware of.

You can check the Vehicle and Traffic Code for Texas regarding the radar gun adjustment.

Generally, you should receive information in the mail regarding how to appeal a ticket. Do you know where the applicable traffic court is? You can contact the clerk's office for that court directly for information regarding appeal procedures. Consider scheduling a free consultation with a traffic ticket attorney from Texas for information.

Good luck.