CMaeRay

uninsured accident

I was backing out of my drive way the other day and rolled back into a friends car who was also in the drive way. I immediately told him what happened agreed to pay for what i damaged i caused which was a small dent and a couple small scratches on the front fender. We didnt call the police because i have no insurance. 2 days later he calls me with a quote. $800.64, he tells me i have to pay that amount or he will call the police and take me to court. The quote that he got is an obscene amount due to the damage i caused and he refused to get a second quote. I told him i will take care of it but he should find a more reasonable quote. He ended up making a police report and says he is gonna take me to court. I know the accident was my fault but how can i get around paying the amount he is asking or what should i do in court. advice??

If you can get pictures of the damage, perhaps you can shop it yourself (if you have a copy of the estimate he has, you're free to take that around for comment too).

Not sure what you mean by asking what you should do in court. Either the judge will find the cost reasonable or he/she won't, including based on whatever info you find. Just note that what you find "obscene" may in fact not be.

×
×