maemae2010

fail to yeild

I was involved in an accident last week. i was approaching a fairly busy intersection, taking a left turn. when i came up to the intersection i looked and there was not any vehicles coming my direction. so i proceeded to take my turn. and as i turned i was rammed by a van that was speeding over the hill. it hit my passenger rear tire, and some door damage. when it hit the tire i spun and was facing traffic when i stopped. the van that hit me was alrewady out of the intersection, pulled onto the sidewalk when i stopped. i was put at fault for a failure to yeild. but i do not believe i should be at fault. what can i do for court to fight it? also, i was never asked my side of the story? should i have been??

somebody please help!

Thanks

Do you have a copy of the police report? If so, make sure you note the code section you allegedly violated? Take a look at that section carefully and determine in what way you can successfully challenge the merits of your case. Make sure you gather all the evidence you need for a court appearance, if necessary.

You can continue your research with the resources provided:

Please provide your state information in future posts. Good luck.

×
×