Sign in to follow this  
stradle0524

20 yr old accident

I have not lived in PA for about 18yrs. Recently the state I am living in I was pulled over for speeding. I found out PA had put a lien on my drivers license for an accident I was supposed to have had. I requested all the documents from the lawyer handling the case, he has provided me with on piece of paper with a 1600.00 judgement and approx 1600.00 in interest for 18 yrs. The paper he sent me is not my last name nor is it close. I have read liens in PA are required to be renewed every 5 years. I have asked him for these documents and he has refused. What are my options?

If the lawsuit and judgment aren't you, then presumably you'd want to talk with an attorney about seeking to have the record of this lien removed as it relates to your driver's license. Not clear why you're asking about judgment renewals if your assertion is that the paperwork indicates it isn't you (and it's not a matter of, say, a typographical error or, say, a maiden name that's garbled, etc.).