Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest

abuse of public office liability

Guest Guest

I'm trying to research a lawsuit against a small city in Tennessee. An alderman has abused his office by using the city to prosecute one of his neighbors for having horses. The alderman is angry at the neighbor for calling the police when his grandchildren threw fireworks at an old mare in the neighbor's field (just prior to his election). Now he is furious and vengeful that the case was dismissed. There were never any substantiated allegations, in fact the neighbor (who has stressed over this to the detriment of her health), was completely exonerated by the judges' ruling, who diplomatically admonished the prosecution for bringing the case that far. The neighbor continues to experience the Alderman's wrath in her day-to-day life.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for researching the liability of a city official for his actions?

I'm working on a letter to the ACLU, but the neighbors' lawyer needs help. Thanks.