Sign in to follow this  
DonDon_8345

Eviction

You might fight the eviction assuming that you have either just received the "3-day notice to cure or quit" or you have been served with papers for the Unlawful Detainer that will ultimately result in an eviction if you lose in court. Generally, during the process, you will still be able to stay at your home until the case is decided against you and the sheriff delivers to you the Writ of Possession. I am assuming that you are in a residential lease and not a commercial lease.

Also, landlord-tenant law varies by state and it is important to comply with your state/county's laws. So, you should contact a local legal aid group as soon as possible. They may be able to assist you free of charge.

Good luck.

I wouldn't presume a given state has a 3-day notice requirement (it differs).

"My home is on the same property that I work on."

This doesn't really tell us anything. Are you saying your employer provides housing, or do you have a separate rental agreement as to this?

"What rights do I have as for time to relocate my family."

You can google your state's landlord tenant info and eviction law online; we can't provide meaningful feedback without knowing where you are. If this is employer housing that was provided as part of your employment, it's unlikely that you have much time to leave. That said, your employer likely still has to file an eviction action against you and get a court order. That can take time, but you'd have to research locally how long it takes in your particular area (some courts may be busy; some may not be).