louxxx1234

Property depreciation after sewer backup

I experienced a sewage backup into my home which was determined to be the fault of my local town. I am trying to locate an estimator who can quantify my damages relating to the depreciation of the resale value of my residence due to this incident. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

It's not clear why your property would depreciate in value just because of a sewer back-up incident (unless there's a missing piece from your post), so I'm confused.

"I am trying to locate an estimator who can quantify my damages relating to the depreciation of the resale value of my residence due to this incident."

Not sure what you expect folks to say, even if they knew where you are. Presumably local realtors can do a market comparison.

My concern is that my property will be devalued due to potential buyers being concerned that this backup may occur again or that there could be lingering effects of from the initial incident. Basically, my concern is that a potential buyer is not willing to pay market value for a residence that has infiltrated by sewage. If it is possible, can a price tag be put on stigma?

Jim

×
×