littlesuzzie

car storage

Recently I was in a car accident. A private garbage truck ran into me. The police came insurances were exchanged. I was traveling out of town the same day so i left the towing details with the Police Officer. The other persons insurace adjuster came to look at my car to see the damages, however, the storage company would not let the adjuster to look. In the meantime the storage company contacted me for a deal to pay $50.00 and they will bring me my personal items and will trash the car. I explained to them that I was not a fault and the insurance adjuster has to estamate the damanges. Do this storage company have the right to do this?

"I was traveling out of town the same day so i left the towing details with the Police Officer. "

I guess the unspoken part is that the police wouldn't release the wreckage to you? Otherwise, I don't know when cops became citizen personal assistants. :)

You don't need to leave your car on some storage company's lot. We can't know what the storage company wanted to see from you or the adjuster to allow it onto the property to look at the car. If the storage company didn't want anything in particular but just said "no", then you should simply move the car off the storage lot and have it put elsewhere. If the storage lot owner won't let you and the adjuster on the premises to look at your car, then call the cops.

Up to you to decide whether you want to pay the storage fees since the accident, plus towing, or what. You don't say how long ago this accident was, but you can be damn skippy sure it will cost more than $50 to get your car out of the storage lot.

×
×