Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest

Writ of mandate/mandamus

Guest Guest

Q: Administrative Law: Concerning a Writ of Mandate

1) What can be reviewed by the court of writ?

2) What elelements of the Administrative hearing can be questioned?

3) What limits are there within the Writ; as to what can be reviewed? .

4) What if the Administrative Hearing was a complete disaster, whereupon leaving the hearing due to ALJ instructions of "proper" discovery exchange went unheeded by the Plaintiff, whom refused to disclose "all" materials allotted to the Respondent at the time of hearing (me)?

5) What exactly can be asked of the court of review, and can Writ of Mandate be excluded , thereupon take the case directly to Supreme COurt????

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated,

R***** S*****

[this post has been edited to remove personal information -moderator]

Without knowing the applicable state law (or if this is federal law), it's going to be pretty wlll impossible to address your questions.

"What can be reviewed by the court of writ?"

Depends on the applicable law and may vary depending on what agency's decision is being reviewed.

I think your second and third questions and the first part of number 5 are basically the same as the first one, and the answer is definitely the same.

"What if the Administrative Hearing was a complete disaster, whereupon leaving the hearing due to ALJ instructions of "proper" discovery exchange went unheeded by the Plaintiff, whom refused to disclose "all" materials allotted to the Respondent at the time of hearing (me)?"

That's pretty well unintelligible.

"can Writ of Mandate be excluded , thereupon take the case directly to Supreme COurt?"

I don't really know what the first part of this means. As for the second part, if you're talking about the U.S. Supreme Court (as opposed to your state's supreme court), no. There are no private claims that can go directly to the U.S.S. Ct.