still_pending

social sercurity disability

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE ANSWERS TO THESE QUESTIONS? WHY DOES SSDI TAKE 2 YEARS TO GET? WHY MUST AN AMERICAN WHOSE BEEN PLACED ON PERMANENT DISABILITY LOSE EVERYTHING THEY HAVE WORKED FOR THEIR ENTIRE LIFE???? I WAS PLACED ON DISABILITY IN MARCH OF 2007.... IN SEPT 2007 THEY DENIED IT... I APPEALLED IN SEPT 2007 AND AM STILL AWAITTING ANYTHING... DURING THESE LAST STRAINFUL 18 MONTHS, I HAVE HAD MY CAR REPOSSESSED, MY CREDIT HAS BEEN RUINED, I AM LIVING OFF WELFARE, NO HEALTH INSURANCE, NO WAY TO PAY MY BILLS... LUCKILY I HAVE FOOD STAMPS. AND NOW THE STATE WELFARE OFFICE SAYS THEY CANNOT PAY MY RENT ANY MORE!!!! WHERE AM I TO GO AND HOW DO I MOVE IF I HAVE NO MONIES OR NO WAY OF MOVING THINGS BECAUSE I AM DISABLED????????? WHERE IS THE SENSE IN ALL OF THIS?????? TALK ABOUT UPSET........ I HAVE WRITTEN A LETTER TO CONGRESSMAN HODES IN NH AND ALL I GOT WAS, SO SORRY!!!! THIS PAST YEAR AS AN AMERICAN, I CAN CLEARLY SEE WHT THIS COUNTRY IS SO MESSED UP... INSTEAD OF TAKING CARE OF OUR OWN PEOPLE, THE GOVERNMENT IS CONSUMED WITH OTHER COUNTRIES.......................TAKE CARE OF US FIRST,WHAT DO WE HAVE TO DO TO GET THIS MATTER TAKEN CARE OF????? HOW ARE WE SUPPOSE TO LIVE???????ANSWER THAT.... STILL PENDING IN NEW HAMPSHIRE

Guest Guest

It takes as long as it does because of all the claims that are made for SSDI and the limited staff the SSA has to deal with them. Your case is not unusual—two years is unfortunately pretty typical. This problem is not new, it's been around for quite a long time. The way to get the problem fixed is for Congress to give more money to SSA so they can hire more people to handle the appeals. It is not just a problem with SSA appeals. Appeals from other federal government decisions also take a long time for the same reason: lack of sufficient resources. Of course, to fix it means spending more money, and that means taxpayers have to pay more taxes to pay for it. And that's why Congress hasn't voted to spend more. They don't see it as politically beneficial to raise taxes to pay for that.

×
×