Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited


About lawtalkingguy

  • Rank
    Diamond Contributor
  1. The most anybody here will be able to tell you, since we don't have access to the files, is that you would be well advised to consult a local criminal defense attorney to help you figure out what, if anything, you can or need to do in order to resolve the outstanding issues.
  2. You say your parents have a public attorney but I'm unclear what that has to do with your brother and his current case.
  3. I believe that felony battery (a third degree felony offense) carries a potential term of up to 5 years. The defendant's very long criminal record certainly would make me think that they are likely looking at significant time in custody if convicted.
  4. Start here: http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/dmd/tattoo.shtm
  5. Due to the fact that this business (and its clientele) is likely regulated by the state as well as local ordinances, I would strongly recommend that you seek out an experienced attorney for advice.
  6. A couple things: 1) I'm not familiar with the business requirements for any of New Jersey (and I don't know exactly where this business would operate) but you would definitely want to investigate local ordinances about the licensing of businesses and any requirements before spending a great deal of money or time on this idea. There might be specific rules regarding food delivery, especially when you aren't the ones who made it in the first place. There also might not be much in the way of such regulations but you would want to get a general idea first. 2) Insurance would seem to me to be a second issue that you would need to look at closely. Anytime you are having employees driving a company car there are definite risks, and that increases a bit when you are delivering food from a third party. 3) You can certainly approach fast food franchises and see if they are willing to discuss a formal relationship but my guess would be that they would decline for a host of reasons, that is if you can ever get an answer at all (instead of it being kicked up the corporate chain where it gets promptly ignored). Best of luck.
  7. Prosecutors are given wide, and nearly absolute, discretion when it comes to the charging of criminal offenses so, yes, what you describe is legal even if perhaps not "fair".
  8. Impossible to say without knowing the facts of the case, but his long criminal record certainly didn't work in his favor.
  9. In short, the answer is no but it would, somewhat, depend on the circumstances. How were you photographed and video taped? Maine is a one party state meaning that only one of the parties involved has to give consent in order for a conversation to be recorded. So as far as your questions regarding a tape recording, they would likely be admissible.
  10. You, as a private citizen, don't file criminal charges. You would need to report the activity to the police (I would contact whomever is the head of the department for obvious reasons) and let them investigate from there.
  11. Contact your ex and find out what happened to your gun would be my first recommendation.
  12. Are you asking if an inmate, apparently with psychiatric issues, has a legal right to see a Psychologist of their choosing? If so, are you talking about the Doctor visiting them in jail/prison, or are you asking if they would be allowed to leave the jail/prison to visit the Doctor?
  13. Can she sue? Yes, certainly. Whether or not she would be successful is another matter entirely and that's tough to say without knowing more about the matter. However, I would also say that the VAST majority of people who threaten to sue somebody end up not doing so and basically are full of hot air. Also, realize that any civil lawsuit of this kind who have a very small potential payout and there would almost assuredly cost more to pursue than it would be worth to her in monetary terms. So, in short, yes she could try and sue him but I think it is both highly unlikely and a poor choice business wise.
  14. Well, first of all, you as a private citizen can't "press charges". You can certainly speak with the police and/or prosecutors and request that they take action but the decision about criminal charges is solely within the prosecutors' discretion. It is also possible that you could file a civil lawsuit though I wouldn't expect that to be particularly lucrative. You are certainly free to speak with a personal injury lawyer and see what they think though.
  • Create New...