Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Badge203 last won the day on June 11 2017

Badge203 had the most liked content!

About Badge203

  • Rank
    Platinum Contributor

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Why don't you bring this up with your union?
  2. Yes you can, all the store needs is intent, and if you place an item lets say in your book bag, even though you have no tleft the store, by law you have stolen the item. Most stores however will let you leave, before the stop is made just to make thier case stronger, but they do not have to
  3. That is an interview where the police ask you to come in for questioning on you own without being served a subpoena to make you appear. You can bring a lawyer to this meeting if you want to, they can not deny you the right to have your lawyer present Yes you can decline the interview if you want, that is why it is called voluntary. However, if you do not ado it, that will cast some doubt on you and the next time they want to interview you, you will not have a choice. Do they have evidence? You would know better than us, so do they? If you have not done anything, then nothing to worry about, if you did, then they may have the evidence they need.
  4. The answer depends on what state you are in as each state has different guidelines for this crime.
  5. You can't be removed. The statute that you were convicted under is pretty clear, and it reads as follows Lifetime: Offenders who are convicted of any of the following listed offenses must register for their lifetime: Criminal Sexual Conduct 1st Degree (M.C.L. 750.520b) Criminal Sexual Conduct 2nd Degree (M.C.L. 750.520c(1)(a) Kidnapping (M.C.L. 750.346) Leading, Taking, Carrying Away, Decoying, or Enticing Away Child Under 14 (M.C.L. 750.350) Child Sexually Abusive Activity or Material (M.C.L. 750.145c(2)) Child Sexually Abusive Activity or Material (M.C.L. 750.145c(3)) Offenders who are convicted of any second or subsequent listed offense must register for their lifetime Since you said in your question that you were convicted of a CSC 2nd degree, the judge told you that you had to register for life (which is the law-he did not go above the guidelines) The only way you could get off the list is to find a lawyer who would try to get the conviction overturned, but the chances of that are slim, and your lawyer at the time (which was over 3 years ago) should have appealed then if he thought there was a chance of this being done. And if you did find a lawyer you admited you did it, that kind of evidence is hard to overcome when the defendant admits he committed the crime he was convicted for. You are pretty much destined to be not only on the State of Michigan sex registry, but you are also on the National sex registry as well, and since a child was involved, the FBI also has your information on their sex offender list as well
  6. I agree, the ticket will not be dismissed because of weather Call the court and find out when you can come in and pay it, or for a trial if you want to plead not guilty. I don't know why Sarah gave you all kinds of links to check, you will not find any of them that will tell you that the ticket will be thrown out, dismissed or any other term you want to use because of bad weather
  7. You can not file criminal charges, only the prosecutor can do that What you need to do is file a police report giving them the details of the incident. The detective will interview you and your witness, and if there is enough evidence, the detective will send his findings to the prosecutor for his or her review. The prosecutor may interview you and your witness again, talk to the detective, and others and if he or she feels that a conviction can be won, then charges will be filed. However, why did you wait 11 months? That hampers your case and makes it harder to get a conviction. Did you seek medical attention? If not why didn't you Did you take photos of your injuries? However photos unless the time and date is stamped on them is not real good evidence as they could have been taken anytime Did you file a police report at the time it happened? If he was arrested for beating you in June, why didn't you let the police know when they arrested him then? Why are you bringing it up now? Talk to the police, and see what happens, if the prosecutor does file charges it will be hard to prove a beating that happened 11 months ago since you probably have no proof of it happening other than a witness who may or may not be credible. But you can not file criminal charges, you may be able to file a civil case against him, but if he has nothing to take, you can't get anything
  8. You sound like you are drivers license shopping, it won't work. If this judgement is on the books, it is on the books in Kansas as well and probably every other state as it has more than likely been entered into the NDR (National Drivers Registry)When your license is suspended in one state it goes on this data base so anytime you go to another state to apply for a license, this will show up and your license application will be denied. Also, if you go to Kansas to apply, you would have to give them a valid address of where you live, since you live in Missouri, you do not have a REAL Kansas address so you would have to lie on your application and that would be committing fraud on a state document Then you have real problems. The statute of limitations on this judgement does not apply, it will stay on the books until it is taken care of.
  9. GOOGLE this yourself. This is not a forum for homework. The definition is available, all you need to do is look for it
  10. Answer depends on the state you are in Some states allow it, others allow it if the people are over a certain age, others allow it with a certain number of people, and some states it is not allowed at all
  11. There is a real good chance as soon as you apply for a state ID, a criminal check will be done and you will be arrested on the outstanding warrants.
  12. If you bought it, then you are responsible for the license plates it makes no difference what state you live in. YOU knew the plates were expired, and your excuse of "not receiving anything in the mail" is frankly a weak one and the judge will not fall for it. Why didn't YOU call whoever it was you thought was responsible and ask? Why would the dealer be responsible? Why would the bank be responsible? They are not driving it, you are. To try to pull a I didn't know who was responsible, so I did nothing will not fly, you will not be able to get your vehicle back until it is legally licensed. The ticket is valid, and the impound is valid, the only thing that is not valid is your excuse which the judge will dismiss as soon as you try to give "I didn't know" speech
  13. Since they have gone from tickets to warrants, probably not However, you won't know for sure until you turn yourself in, which means being processed, spending a night or two in jail while you are awaiting your court hearing. You need to get these taken care of. If you are driving you are driving on a suspended license, you have no insurance and that means more tickets if stopped for any reason. Call a local lawyer, many offer free consultation to discuss this further, there is no way around paying these, and all you are doing by not taking care of them is putting your arrest date off, because sooner or later you will be arrested on the warrants and it will mean being handcuffed, transported to jail ,and those not so nice things. $2000 is a lot of money, but with that many warrants on that many tickets the judge is not going to feel sorry for you, so getting the fine amount reduced is probably not going to happen. If you hire a lawyer he or she may get some reduction, but what you would be paying your lawyer would probably eat up any savings, and it may cost you more in total when you add attorney fees into it for something that he may not be able to help you with anyway. Turn yourself in and good luck
  14. If the person pleads not guilty, he or she can request a trial by jury or a bench trial which only the judge hears the case. If the person requests a trial by jury or a bench trial a lawyer should be obtained.
  15. Badge203


    If this is his third offense, he is not going to get it lowered. He will stay in the county jail until he goes to trial
  • Create New...