Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Everything posted by pg1067

  1. Which of the three people who responded are you addressing?
  2. You seem to have quoted the entirety of my prior response and then inserted additional information within the quote box. I'm not going to try and figure that out. However, here's some information about folks who commute 30+ miles by bicycle. I have no idea what you mean by the part I underlined. If the other driver admits to fault, her insurer will likely take that into account, but the insurer will make it's own decision about liability. The insured does not control that process. Nor do the police make any sort of binding determination about fault (police sometimes opine about fault in their reports, but if no cop witnessed the accident, the cop's opinion is largely meaningless). That the insurer offered you a rental car is certainly a good sign.
  3. The only possible answer to this question is yes. If you're thinking that one or more persons fitting this description will happen upon your post and offer you some anecdotal info, that's unlikely because that's not the purpose of these boards. Beyond that, your comment that you "feel like [you're] being punished" makes no sense at all. Your spouse is free to "fight" for whatever he/she wants, and you're free to do likewise. If, as happens in most cases, you enter into a settlement, then whatever results will happen because of your voluntary agreement. Only if you don't settle and force the court to decide the issue will you have something thrust upon you and that you don't agree with. However, even if that happens, no one will "punish[] [you] for being a teacher."
  4. This was explained in rather excruciating detail in response to the thread you started under a different name at another site.
  5. How do you know the other car was going above the speed limit? Only an accident reconstruction expert can opine intelligently about this. I suppose that depends on what one means by "steady." Yellow lights certainly last for a short duration. Doesn't really matter what the police think. What will matter is what your insurance company and the other driver's insurance company think. It will also matter whether you disclosed to your insurance company that you would be using the vehicle for commercial purposes and obtained appropriate insurance coverage (of course, if you were driving a company vehicle, that won't be an issue, but it doesn't sound like that was the case). Well...I suspect it's accurate that anyone will be able to tell that the other car was going above 10mph, but I doubt it's true that your car's speed will be ascertainable (but again, only an accident reconstruction expert can opine intelligently about this). I'm guessing it is unlikely that anyone will dispute that you were starting up from a stop, but that doesn't preclude the possibility that you started before you had the green light. Legally, it's irrelevant. Then I hope you were carrying collision coverage. You don't have buses where you live or you don't have a bicycle? As you worded this sentence, it doesn't make much sense, and we obviously have no ability to opine intelligently about the weight of evidence that you've merely summarized.
  6. Where did the dealer "put" this? When you test drove the car, did it have remote, keyless entry? Did the sales contract mention remote keyless entry or incorporate whatever it was that the dealer "put" this on? Why did you accept delivery of the vehicle without the key fob? After delivery, when you called the dealer to inquire about this, what response did you receive? In what state did the sale occur (and, if different, in what states are you and the dealer located)?
  7. Parents don't typically sign birth certificates. However, when a child is born to an unmarried woman, it is typically impossible for a man to be identified on the birth certificate as the father unless both the father and mother have signed an acknowledgment of paternity. Did you do that for either or both of the kids? If so, then your paternity is established. However, in the absence of a court order regarding custody and visitation, you have no enforceable parental rights. I have no idea what you mean by "the child support." Child support is money paid by one parent to the other. You cannot meet with "child support."
  8. I agree with the prior response, but it's worth pointing out that the intended effect in NC may not be what happens in IN. You need a divorce attorney in Indiana to represent your interests. Otherwise, you're at the mercy of your husband and his attorney and the court in which the case is filed.
  9. There is no way for anyone to answer this question intelligently with no detail about what happened. However, since it may be obvious from looking at the vehicle whether it is or isn't an XLT, it's possible that it's not for that reason. When you contacted the dealer to discuss the issue, what happened?
  10. Not sure what sort of response you're expecting. These are message boards. If you have a question, someone may be able to answer it. Also, FYI, public defenders are attorneys.
  11. In any future posts, please make a better effort to use proper capitalization and punctuation (throughout the whole post). Doing so will make it easier for others to read and understand. Huh? To the extent I could follow your post, I agree with the prior response.
  12. pg1067


    New owner of what? What state?
  13. These questions make little sense. People get arrested and then are not charged all the time for lots of reasons. It's not like the cops refrain from making arrests until they are sure that the prosecutor will file charges. "We"? This has nothing to do with you. And whom do you suppose you might sue? As I already told you, the prosecutor has until the statute of limitations expires to file charges. Your fiance committing another crime would not generally provide evidence of the crime for which he was arrested (and, of course, if you think your fiance is likely to commit crimes, why would you stay engaged to him?). Ummm...the OP mentioned two crimes: "possession" and "felon with a firearm." While the OP didn't mention what is being possessed, it could easily be "possession" of small quantities of drugs for personal use. That hardly has "a high probability of being" a felony in any state and most certainly is a "basic crime."
  14. Yes and yes. If he doesn't get charged, the court will exonerate the bail bond, so the surety company that wrote the bond should release any collateral pledged for the bond. Beyond that, the prosecutor has until the statute of limitations expires to file charges.
  15. This isn't Facebook. We don't need pics of your dog. Also, while it is possible to kill a dog, it isn't possible to murder one. Beyond that, as noted above, you didn't ask a question. You are, of course, free to sue the driver for any vet bills you may have incurred and can also make a complaint to the police.
  16. What "legal documents" are you talking about? Almost certainly to your mother. Redetermination of what? Why is your mother getting SSI disability benefits for you? There are people who "survive" without any jobs at all. If, at the age of 16, your only goal is survival, that's awfully sad, and I'd suggest you give a lot of thought about whether this move you're contemplating is something that will be conducive to you living a long, healthy and happy life. How could we possibly know?
  17. "LLP" stands for limited liability partnership. One can form or create an LLP, and one can incorporate a corporation, but one cannot "incorporat[e] an LLP." Also, in at least some states, the LLP business entity form is limited to certain professions (e.g., law firms). What exactly is the nature of your business and why do you want to use the LLP form over other business entity forms? Hire a local attorney. If you insist on doing it yourself, the documents that are needed rather obviously vary from state to state but can be ascertained with some very simple google searches. Or you can use one of many online services.
  18. Updating should occur when relevant events occur (e.g., acquisition of significant asset, birth or death of beneficiary, etc.). Beyond that, your post raises no legal issue. It's unfortunate that your father told you something that he either never intended to do or never got around to do, but that's not your sister's problem. Nor is it her problem that you apparently viewed your father as a source of money. Even if you had grounds to contest something (which you probably didn't), it's way too late now.
  19. You should also contact your business liability insurer about the lawsuit to see if there is coverage.
  20. Please don't start new threads when there's already an existing thread about this topic. As you noted, anyone can sue anyone for anything, so I'm not sure why you're asking this question, and I assume you're not asking about the merits of a hypothetical lawsuit, the basis for which is completely unknown to us, so I'm not sure what you're intending to ask.
  21. If your electric company allows you to opt out of having a "smart meter," you can easily find out about that with a simple google search or by visiting the company's web site.
  22. That's the critical part as far as I'm concerned. If she wants money from you, she can sue you in small claims court, but I'm doubtful that she could prevail.
  23. Are you seriously asking us to guess about the intent of a judge in a case we know absolutely nothing about? We all could guess, but it would be utterly pointless to do so and of no value whatsoever to you. If you have an attorney, ask him/her about this.
  24. Did your landlord also sign this agreement? Your post provides no information from which anyone could intelligently answer this question, except that the agreement (presumably with the landlord) that provides that the two of you, jointly and severally, owe the landlord a fee likely has no relevance to how the fee should legally be allocated between the two of you. What is her argument as to why you allegedly owe her anything? In addition to this question and those asked in the prior response, please also identify your state.
  • Create New...