Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Everything posted by pg1067

  1. The answer depends on the terms of your mortgage agreement. However, once you don't own own the home anymore, your liability for this sort of thing typically stops.
  2. It's bad enough not to ask a question, but you didn't even post a complete sentence.
  3. Is the product licensed by the owner of the trademark? If not, the answer is no. Also, I'm not sure what "tries to sue" might mean. By asking the seller for a copy of the license. You can use all the disclaimers you like. Whether they'll do you any good is impossible to know in the abstract. In most cases, if the product is properly licensed, no. You don't "need to . . . create a business entity," and you only need an EIN if you create a corporation or an LLC.
  4. No way to know, but probably not. Simply saying that someone is "disabled" conveys no useful information. Also, so what? Do you think that having your wife criminally prosecuted and, potentially incarcerated will be of any benefit to you? He can seek a divorce and an order that the wife pay alimony.
  5. Did the defense attorney object? If your question is whether the single quoted bit in your original post constitutes prosecutorial misconduct, the answer is that it likely doesn't. Any sort of discussion about those two quoted sentence, completely out of context, would be utterly pointless. You are, of course, free to hire a lawyer to review the entire trial record and advise you. Then the question you asked -- "Can someone tell me about prosecutorial misconduct during a criminal trial?" -- was not well-thought out. You are free to ask your cousin's lawyer about what happened and whether anything can be done. Or you can hire an attorney yourself to review the record. However, you have no standing to take any action in a case in which you weren't a party. Of course it is. You provided zero other information about the case. That's what "out of context" means.
  6. No, and regulations don't prevent things from happening. Unless you were damaged as a result of what happened, your post raises no legal issue. I could not disagree more. Unless the OP has an androgynous name (e.g., Pat or Terry) and the OP's friend claimed to be the OP, then it absolutely is the hotel's fault. While the hotel may have had no reason to believe that the OP didn't know this woman, the hotel also had no reason to believe the OP knew the woman. Simply walking up to the front desk and saying, "hi, I'm with Terry," should not result in Terry being checked in and the person being handed room keys. No decent hotel would allow that. I can't remember the last time I checked into a hotel without having to show a photo ID and credit card. But, that doesn't change the fact that, unless the OP suffered damages, there's no legal issue here. The hotel employee who allowed this to happen, however, ought to be in fear of losing his/her job.
  7. The court may order a bail bond forfeited if the defendant fails to appear at a scheduled court date. No. It's your and your lawyer's job to know when your court dates are scheduled. Bondsmen almost never know when court dates are scheduled. Despite your use of a question mark, this sentence does not appear to be a question and is barely coherent. One more time in English, please. Bondsmen and bounty hunters are not the same thing. In the bail bond industry, the term bondsman is typically used to refer to the local agent who, pursuant to a direct or indirect contract with a surety company, sells bail bonds to criminal defendants. While some bondsmen handle recovery themselves, most contract with bail recovery agents (i.e., bounty hunters) to handle fugitive recovery.
  8. I can't tell from your follow up posts if you have merely quoted stuff or have added new content. New content should NOT be added inside the quote boxes.
  9. Please explain exactly what this means. Please quote the exact language in the agreement by which the former "friend put her property up as collateral." Please change or omit any names. If the collateral is real property, please do not include the address, but please describe the property sufficiently that we know what sort of property it is. Please also identify your state of residence and that of your former friend (if different). Does the agreement contain a provision that it is governed by a particular state's laws? If so, what state? Finally, please explain what you did, if anything, to perfect your interest in the collateral (e.g., filing/recording a deed of trust or mortgage or a UCC-1 financing statement). I have a hard time believing you didn't know that you could sue your former friend. Whether you have any recourse beyond that will depend on your responses to my inquiries above.
  10. What sort of "creams and devices" cost $10,638.74?! What does "the safety profile" mean? A seller does not need to say "no refund." As a matter of law, refunds are only available if expressly offered as part of the sales contract or some law expressly requires refunds for a particular situation. If the contract/receipt is silent about refunds and no law mandates refunds, then, all sales are final. Huh? Did this happen in Florida or Hawaii? Why would "a local 'Action News Team' in Fort Lauderdale" be reporting about something like this in Hawaii? You can contact the police. Whether they'll do anything or what they'll do is impossible for anyone here to predict. Everyone's time? Of course not. Very few people will have any involvement in this situation. And yes, you can file a lawsuit. However, how did you pay for this stuff? If you paid via credit card, the first thing to do would be to submit a dispute to your credit card issuer. I think it is customary that this can be done within 60 days after the date of the statement on which the disputed charge appears. Information about disputing a charge should be on the back of your credit card statement and in your credit card agreement.
  11. Who is "she"? By reviewing the employment laws. Since you didn't identify your state, we can't point you to anything in particular. There are, however, probably thousands of articles that you could review with a simple google search for "difference between employee and independent contractor."
  12. Why would you expect anyone to assist with your moving expenses? Anyone can sue anyone for anything, but you'd lose if you were to do this. Your former landlord had no obligation to notify you about the foreclosure or the foreclosure sale.
  13. Please explain exactly what this means. There are very few assets for which one can designate a beneficiary (financial accounts being the primary asset for which this is possible). I have no idea who "the case people" might be. Assuming "least" was supposed to be "leased," whether you have any ability "to get it back" depends on the terms of the lease and how you respond to my inquiry above. It may also depend on the applicable state law, so you should also identify the relevant state. Please explain what this means.
  14. File a motion to modify the existing custody order.
  15. Depends on the relevant facts and circumstances and the terms of the applicable court order(s).
  16. That's probably what I'd do -- especially if "i [could not] go into the coming week without some kind of guidance." It's not unheard of, but most lawyers will have an assistant return calls in situations like that.
  17. Huh? Since when is NM "outside of the United States"?
  18. First, you should have started your own thread rather than tagging onto someone else's thread. Second, the answer in the prior post is wrong (or at least premature). We need more information. I what state do you live? Is that the same state where the child was born? Has your paternity ever been established? If so, how was it established? Is there any court order concerning custody, visitation and support? If so, please summarize it.
  19. pg1067


    What does "the company I'd some work for" mean? Payment for what? Your next step should be to provide a better explanation of the situation you're dealing with. While you're at it, please identify the state where this is happening.
  20. That doesn't make much sense. If she entered on a green arrow, she should have been able to complete her turn. Having a signal go from green arrow to green light -- with no intervening yellow arrow is a recipe for accidents. Is that really how this signal works?
  21. Just to be clear, was she appointed by the probate court to serve as executor? Or is she merely nominated in your mother's will to serve in that capacity? If the will has been submitted for probate, then you should be able to view the file at the courthouse. However, it's possible that there won't be much of anything relevant in there after the order appointing your sister as executor. Ultimately, if the executor isn't doing her job, you can seek to have her removed by the court and request that someone else be appointed.
  22. I highly doubt the SSA simply said that "it would be best" for this to happen without any explanation whatsoever. What reason was given? What was the custody situation prior to the father's death?
  23. Uh huh.... Assuming that left turns were legal at the intersection and that the daughter did not have a green turn arrow, the OP described that her daughter entered the intersection with the intent to turn left, which is legal. The daughter was obligated to wait where she was until it was safe to make the left turn. Apparently, traffic heading the opposite direction was such that it did not become safe until after the light that the daughter was facing had turned red. That is not "running a red light" or otherwise illegal. That said, it's still possible that the 30% liability that the other driver's insurer assigned to the OP's daughter is reasonable since it obviously was not safe for the daughter to turn. However, it's not possible for us to assess that intelligently based on the information provided.
  24. Unless your daughter is a minor or the vehicle belongs to you, "we" have no recourse. Your daughter can either accept the offer or make a counteroffer for a higher amount. If she and the other driver's insurer cannot come to agreement, then her recourse will be to sue the other driver. In what state did this happen? Was your daughter injured, or is the only damage to the vehicle? There's no factual basis in the original post for this conclusion.
  • Create New...