Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Everything posted by pg1067

  1. She certainly could be. Whether she actually would be so charged is up to you as the author. What if...? People say lots of things. Some are true and some are false. Some are believed by some; some are believed by none; some are believed by all. Obviously, any number of things could happen under the circumstances you've described. Not based on the facts given. Having cannabis in one's system is not the same as "possession" for purposes of the simple possession laws and, even if she did have possession, there are many, many forms of cannabis that are legal to possess in California (marijuana being but one form of cannabis).
  2. pg1067

    Security Cameras

    Why are we resurrecting a nearly 4 year old thread?
  3. Why would you resurrect a 10 month old thread to add completely useless comments?
  4. I cannot speak specifically about Montana law, but as a general rule, the persons in whose favor an easement exists have both the right and responsibility to repair and maintain the easement, and the owner of the servient estate is only obligated not to interfere with rights of the owner(s) of the dominant estate(s). I agree with the prior responses that an unrecorded easement may (and, indeed, probably is) not binding on subsequent owners of the servient estate.
  5. In the U.S., everything is legal unless there is a law that affirmatively says it's not legal. Therefore, the answer to any question like this is that it's legal because no law affirmatively says otherwise. If your intent was to ask whether what you described is actually legal, we're in no position to answer that since we obviously haven't read the CBA, and you didn't identify your state. Are you a member of the union? If so, then you should be raising this issue with your union rep.
  6. You don't. You report the alleged crime to the police and/or the local district attorney or prosecuting attorney. If any charges are to be pressed the DA/prosecutor will do it. If you want to sue your former friend for money, then just about any attorney who does civil litigation can do that.
  7. Why did you rent a third floor apartment if you're physically unable to climb stairs?
  8. Do you have an attorney defending you in this case? If not, and if you want to defend the plaintiff's claim on the basis that the plaintiff was not competent to enter into the contract with you, you're going to need a lawyer. Keep in mind that, even if you prevail on the theory that the plaintiff lacked competency to enter into the contract with you, you'll likely have to give back the money that he loaned you.
  9. "Rights" of this sort derive from the applicable law and any contracts between the party. You didn't identify the state or locality where this is occurring and didn't tell us anything about any contracts between the two businesses. Therefore, it is utterly impossible to analyze this issue intelligently (and, for that reason, the absolute and unequivocal statement in the prior response is wrong). "It"? What does "it" refer to in this sentence? ""Heard" from whom?
  10. If you haven't been indicted, then what do you mean that you are "in a current criminal proceeding"? Since you already "have a criminal attorney," I can't even conceive of why you'd think you might want another one. As far as "hir[ing] a civil attorney," since you "can’t afford to move," how could you possibly afford to hire "a civil attorney"? All that aside, I suggest you direct your question to your current attorney. It's more than implied. The first sentence of the post says that the OP has a criminal attorney, and the second sentence says he/she hasn't been indicted yet, so he/she hasn't yet been charged with anything.
  11. Unlikely. However, since we've never read your lease, it's impossible to discuss this intelligently. Anyone can break a contract. The question is what the consequences of doing so will be.
  12. Resurrecting a ten year old thread. Oyy....
  13. The program referenced by the OP is a 2019 documentary about a person who died 30 years ago and whose crimes occurred over 40 years ago. Rather obviously, there's nothing about the documentary that aired 30 years after the guy died that violated his rights.
  14. Since it's an agreement between two parties who can negotiate the terms, it "should" say whatever the two of them agree that it should say. If your friend's spouse wants it to say X and your friend wants it to say Y, then your friend should make his/her preference known, and the two of them can negotiate. P.S. I hope it goes without saying that your friend should be soliciting advice from a local family law attorney. Having a friend post on an internet message board is not a good substitute for proper legal advice.
  15. No one on an internet message board has any way of intelligently predicting how the unknown judge who handles your case will decide whatever issue is put before the court (aside from the obvious: that a recent suicide attempt and alcohol and drug abuse aren't going to be positives). You'll need to consult with a local attorney.
  16. Did you really resurrect a year and a half old thread for the sole purpose of posting a bunch of grammatically incoherent blather?
  17. This seems to be the only question in your post, but I can hardly believe you need someone on the internet to tell you that it's "ok" to ask anyone to do anything. Is that really what you intended to ask?
  18. A violation of which rights? What is the source of those rights? Do you have a question?
  19. Of course there is. If you identify your state, we'll be happy to point you in the right direction. You're not expecting someone will post links for all 50 states' laws, are you? Not sure what you're getting at, but accessing someone's e-mail without permission is not "protected speech."
  20. Depends on the laws of your unidentified state, but you can probably assume that, if any book you might write indicates that you read his e-mails, you and your publisher will get sued.
  21. I don't know. What does your lease say about this sort of thing?
  22. Since you didn't identify your state or locality, no one has any possible way of intelligently answering this question (the prior response is nothing but a guess). Then pay your bill on time.
  23. If you want to sell the land, then sell the land. Ok, so contact the beneficiary under the deed of trust and ask what it will take to get the lien removed. Understandable. internet message boards are not an appropriate solution for potentially complex legal issues. Again, you need to take your documents to a local real estate attorney for advice.
  24. Anyone can sue anyone for anything, and I'm sure there are lots of things you can do. Not really sure what sorts of responses you're seeking since you didn't identify your state, and no one here has read any of the relevant documents. I suggest you gather your documents and seek a consultation with a local real estate attorney. P.S. Your statement that "It's not a lien it's a deed of trust" makes no sense. A lien is an encumbrance on the title of a piece of property, and a deed of trust is one of many ways of creating a lien.
  25. Do you have a question having to do with the subject of this board (how to do legal research)?
  • Create New...