Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


GuessAgain last won the day on December 2 2016

GuessAgain had the most liked content!

About GuessAgain

  • Rank
    Platinum Contributor

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. You didn't identify a state....why would you call the adjuster? Your car was repaired so it appears the only issue is the injuries you are claiming. The adjuster didn't see the accident, your witnesses did. The adjuster can't verify the extent of your injuries or the probable cause, the treating doctors can. Contact your insurance carrier for assistance.
  2. When it comes to working for the government and especially seeking a security clearance, nothing is hidden. Federal law doesn't allow for the sealing or expunging of convictions and even if it did, the government would still have the information. The only way to perhaps obtain some relief would be to seek a presidential pardon....given that you also have a subsequent state conviction, it's unknown how well that will received. You need to consult local counsel.
  3. Since the limitations hadn't expired on your friend before the law changed and eliminated it, he pays until it's paid in full.
  4. You didn't identify a state nor how long ago this happened or your current age.
  5. To appeal a judgment in NC small claims, you have to file the notice of appeal within 10 days. Legal aid of NC has a guide in their publications section. Their website address is www.legalaidnc.org .
  6. Your state's interpretation and application of the US Supreme Court case of Michigan State Police v. Sitz (1990) 496 U.S. 444 which authorized police checkpoints doesn't require that there be an available exit. Your state supreme court has upheld checkpoints as long as there is a written protocol and in situations where every car is stopped. As to what the possible penalties are, you never said what you were charged with. You'll have to contact local attorneys and find out how much they will charge to represent you.
  7. I'd suggest you consult an attorney in Germany. Under their laws a child can be entitle to support until they turn 21 if they're living with the other parent and going to school.
  8. Depends upon what state the ordered was entered in. In most, support continues until the child is 18 AND has graduated high school. In a few, support goes beyond that to age 19 or even 21.
  9. A de novo hearing is a new hearing. HOWEVER, in PA custody matters before a master, it's not a completely new hearing, it's more like an appeal. A judge would simply review the record of the hearing before the master, hear some argument and decide. In your case, you only have a temporary order that is only in effect until the full hearing. The case obviously wouldn't be going to a hearing in 6 weeks if there was an agreement reached. SO, if you file an exception to the Custody Master's Proposed temporary order, what happens is that temporary order will not go into effect and if you had no visitation before that order, you'd be back to that position. You're already set for a full hearing. Take the visits you have and prep for that hearing.
  10. There's no provision in your state's code allowing for a refund of child support paid before paternity is disestablished. You had to know that the court was declaring you the legal father at the time it entered the child support order. When you were served with paperwork indicating child support was being sought, THAT was the time to challenge and demand a DNA test. The only case I'm aware of where a refund was sought was in CA and the court said no.
  11. WAC 182-502-0160 applies to Medicaid patients. 182-500 et. seq. deals only with Medicaid patients and providers.
  12. Did you sign an acknowledgment of paternity at the time the child was born or was the court that declared you the father during the child support case? It makes a difference. If you signed an acknowledgement, you had 60 days to undo that or you're dad forever. If the paternity was determined by the court, you can seek to "disestablish" it with a DNA test that shows you are not the father. It wasn't up to the mother to petition to disestablish, you are the primary party in interest and could have and should have done it yourself. Regardless, the child support already paid is not recoverable.
  13. You didn't identify a state. However, generally, medical information requests come after a doctor has filed a notification with DMV of a medical issue...
  14. You didn't identify a state or provide any information that would be useful in trying to provide guidance....were you and the mother married? How was child support initially established in court?
  15. You will have to convince the court that it's now in the children's best interests to be yanked from the home they've had for the last six years to be moved however far away to be with a parent they've only spoken to on the phone. Consult local counsel...
  • Create New...