Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Dslyfe last won the day on August 15

Dslyfe had the most liked content!

About Dslyfe

  • Rank
    New Member

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. 8 years ago I got divorced. We have a teenager. For the entirety of the divorce he has lived out of the state. I live in Missouri. His wife just took a job in the town 30 min from us and they intend on moving closer. The catch is, he just took a job that requires him to leave the country for several months at a time for the next 3 years. I intend on moving to another state within those 3 years. Nothing in the paper says I cant move, only that I have to provide written notice at least 90 days before moving. If hes still oversees, and I'm trying to move.... what are the proper steps I have to take? Do I legally have to get approval from the courts to move? My child will be 16 when we decide to move.
  2. As a partner for a retail store.... u legally cannot be held liable.... but u can be terminated for negligence on the job. It's a slippery slope for most businesses though.
  3. There are no specific wording. As a matter of fact, he was originally required to have supervised visitation. When he finally got his act together and saught treatment and cleaned up, he was finally allowed unsupervised visits.... we never went back to court. I just began allowing it due to getting his life back in order (which took 4 years). It only states he must pick up the child from my residence and return him etx. It just dowsnt say anything about anyone else being allowed to take place in his visitation. I wont keep our son from visiting the step mom bc he does have a young brother there... but I dont see it fit to allow every single visitation.
  4. This would require going to court to get a change in custody
  5. I'm in Missouri. My ex husband has visitation rights to our child, and I've never missed allowing our son to visit his dad. However, my ex recently told us that he has decided to take a contract job in another country and will be gone for a couple years. He has asked me to allow his wife to exercise visitation with my son in his absence. Is there a legal obligation for me to allow this, though there is nothing in our papers that says I must allow anyone in his family to substitute the visits in his absence? Does my sons step parent have legal rights to see him?
  • Create New...