Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Mommytothebest

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Mommytothebest

    Gave father custody of children

    You know what she meant. Why is it that on every post I see you answer, you're a **** to that person and you reply with unnecessary answers? Give a legit answer to peoples questions or stop wasting their time.
  2. Whoever told you that you can't get an attorney in Mass is lying. You can definitely get someone to represent you. My husband and I live in Cali also and we have an attorney in Georgia for his custody case. File contempt in your state and if she files anything in your state to try and change your current order, file a Motion to Dismiss for Lack of Jurisdiction and what she files should get dismissed.
  3. Mommytothebest

    Enforcement of a visitation order

    I know i'm responding to an old post BUT if the officer who you call feels like they want to enforce it they can. Well in my state at least. I live in California. The Mother of my step son failed to drop him off for a visit, he lives 3K miles away so when she said she was not coming and didn't we knew she was serious. We called the local police department and the officer filed a police report, called the Mother and asked her why she wasn't following the order and she also told him she knew she was violating the order. The turned the police report into the courts & asked that she gets charged with two counts of misdemeanors, we also filed contempt on her.
  4. Mommytothebest

    Custody Court Order Reinforcement

    I have worked in a school. He has to take the matter into his own hands & ask the school & he's legally allowed to seeing his court order states he can. He doesn't need to ask the mom.
  5. Mommytothebest

    Custody Court Order Reinforcement

    3 days ago.. It shouldn't take this long, you literally pull a file up for his son, check who's on the list & move on it doesn't take that damn long. The last school did it the same day. Last time this crap happened, the mother of my step son told the school to not tell my husband anything unless he calls because she doesn't want them telling him info through email thinking it could possibly be me. WHICH our custody order doesn't say anything about how he can receive the info and she's not the not the boss of anyone. So i'm guessing she pulled that crap again and now they aren't responding through email. And I know she told them this because she texted my Husband telling him what she had told the school.
  6. Mommytothebest

    Custody Court Order Reinforcement

    orrrr they could just follow the court order, my Husband isn't going to fly 3,000 miles to his sons state to do something the Mother of his child should have already done.
  7. Mommytothebest

    Custody Court Order Reinforcement

    He can't , his son lives in another state. We sent them the ID and the order in an email to the school clerk
  8. Mommytothebest

    Custody Court Order Reinforcement

    I'm asking what HE *eye roll* can do legally if the school does not cooperate ???
  9. Mommytothebest

    Custody Court Order Reinforcement

    Yes, they said they needed to see his ID so he sent that along with the custody order. They told him they'll "look into it" he emailed them again asking if it was done & if it hasn't been done if they've added him & they told him the matter is being taken care of by the principal... His son is at a new school this year so he just wants to make sure he was added. At his sons last school he attended, my husband found out that the Mother of their child failed to add my husband to the emergency list so the school had to do it. If the school does not cooperate what can we do about it legally ? FYI His son son lives in another state so my husband can't just go to the school and check.
  10. My husband has a custody and visitation order, it states hes allowed to get any information about his son from the school his son attends, the Dr's he goes, to and so on. It also says that the Mother of his son is to add my Husband to any emergency contact forms for any of those places. If his school isn't cooperating is there anything we can do about it? My Husband emailed his sons school asking if he was added to the emergency contact list and they said they will look into it but they have yet to tell him if he's been added or not.
  11. Mommytothebest


    & the judge denied her request to change jurisdiction because she didn't see the need to move it and doesn't trust her
  12. Mommytothebest


    Yes my husband still lives in California & yes I mean change of jurisdiction, she called it change of venue. Yes he replied the way you're supposed to reply. The filed paperwork for modification of visitation, custody & child support. & yes when we served her attorney we attached the paperwork that showed her request was denied here in California to switch jurisdictions.
  13. Mommytothebest


    I have. Some of it is a bit confusing but I did see the part where it says "A court of a State may not modify a visitation determination made by a court of another State unless the court of the other State no longer has jurisdiction to modify such determination or has declined to exercise jurisdiction to modify such determination".
  14. Mommytothebest


    My husband and the mother of their 7 year old son, started their case back in 2014. The case started in the state of California & hasn't been moved. The state of California still has jurisdiction over their case and their order is still current. My husband has visitation and the mother has custody. She's lived in another state since 2015 , she has asked their current judge for a venue change but it was denied. My husband just recently got served paperwork from her but through her states courts and it stated on the paperwork that he had 30 days to reply or a judge was going to grant her what she wanted, so he replied. But now he's getting mediation paperwork from their courts also. Is this even legal? I know of the law "28 U.S. Code § 1738A - Full faith and credit given to child custody determinations." So i'm curious as to why her courts are even proceeding with filing her paperwork. She has a lawyer also so I'm curious to know if she's even being truthful of their current case they have here in California. My question is, is this illegal what she is doing and should my husband even waste his time responding? He's called her states courts when he first got served & explained to them he currently has a case somewhere else but they said it doesn't matter because they now have a case number in their state.....