Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

  1. I did not realize this was such an old thread. I was researching about my own case and found this in my research. I thought I was helping someone in a similar situation. I don't see how people can attack each other this way. Why can't people just be kind, compassionate, and understanding? If you aren't going to help, why are you on a help forum? Please do not reply to me. This is just food for thought. I have no interest in debating or arguing with anyone. I rarely ever check this email anyway, so you will just be wasting your time.
  2. Child neglect: knowingly abusing or neglecting a child in a way negatively affects the child's health and welfare. Aggravated Child Abuse, Neglect, or Endangerment It's a violation of Section 39-15-402 if a person commits child abuse, neglect, or endangerment and: It results in serious bodily injury to the child; Charges Violation of Section 39-14-401 can be a Class A misdemeanor, Class E felony, or a Class D felonydepending on the circumstances. Violation of Section 39-14-402 is generally a Class B felony but it's a Class A felony if the victim is: 8 years old or younger; Penalties The authorized terms of fines and imprisonment for felonies and misdemeanors are: Class A felony: 15 to 60 years and a maximum fine of $50,000. Related Statute(s) Tennessee Code, Title 37, Chapter 1, Part 4, Section 37-1-401, et seq. (Mandatory Child Abuse Reports) Good luck, sandals4us!!!
  3. pg1067...Obviously, you are not an attorney, nor are you here to help. Please leave the forum. You are only instigating the situation. sandals4us...Tennessee law states that this is neglect and you can speak with your attorney to file a motion to suspend his visitation. However, each county handles custody differently. For instance, Greene county cares very little about domestic violence and supports the abuser rather than the obvious victims. I have learned the hard way that if you want to protect your children, you are going to have to fight hard for it. So, it is okay to be upset about this injustice and the terrible things that have happened to your son. In coparenting, it is obvious that the information should have been revealed to you. As a matter of fact, the boy's father should have been notified by his attorney to do so in such situations. Let your attorney know what you wish to do and stay on him until it gets done. Be reasonable and be willing to work with your ex whenever possible, but put your foot down and fight when necessary. Make them do the right thing. In the end, they may show themselves to be heartless and wrong, but your son will see you for who you are and love you for trying. You are in my prayers.
  • Create New...