Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. I purchased a home and sold it to my daughter on a land contract, the house is in her name. She got married a year later, but her husband lived in the house with her the whole time even before they were married. Both paid the house payment, but she personally put the down payment on the house with her money, now they are getting divorced and both have moved out and stopped paying the house payment. I want to sell the house. House payment was due june 1 so they are past grace period. They have had the house less than 4 years so very little equity in the house. Does her husband have legal right to the house? and if I decide to do a forfeiture on the house do I need to send both parties a notice or just her? And I would like to get their possessions out but he is refusing to meet with her to divide their property so how do I get him to get his things out, do I give him a notice? And how long do I have to give him, 30 days??? This is in Michigan. Thank you.
  • Create New...