Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Everything posted by RetiredinVA

  1. I have no idea what you are trying to say. Please proof read before posting and try to use a little punctuation. Your posts are very hard to interpret.
  2. The judge orders the bond forfeited. Then the bondsman tries to have the bond reinstated by hauling you up before the court. Interestingly, a bondsman, and his agents, is not usually bound by the constitutional restraints that may apply to the police. Don't mess with a bondsman. It is not the responsibility of the bondsman to inform you of your court dates.
  3. If the collateral is real property, you could start a foreclosure action. However, it would depend on whether the handwritten promissory note would constitute a valid mortgage. I'm betting it won't. If the collateral is personal property, such as a car, it may be possible to take possession. Again, it depends on how the security agreement is written. I suggest you consult an attorney who can review the situation and the document.
  4. A spouse leaving his or her spouse is certainly not a criminal act. It would allow the deserted spouse to file a divorce action or an action for spousal support, depending on the circumstances. That the deserted spouse is disabled may enter into the spousal support equation.
  5. A quick survey of Wyoming bond conditions indicates a typical bond condition in Laramie County, for example, is: "THE DEFENDANT shall not leave Laramie County, Wyoming without prior approval of this Court and shall maintain contact with his attorney." See, https://www.laramiecounty.com/_officials/DistrictCourtClerk/posting_a_bond.aspx However, I had one case where the judge agreed to stay the case on condition the defendant "get the he-- out of our city and never return." He came back and got a year in jail for stealing a six pack of beer from a 7-11.
  6. The poster did say he or she was in Illinois. However, the "tag" the state function doesn't seem to work any more. Virtually no one is usingit.
  7. Okay, it is clear that the "order" was drafted by people that don't know how to draft orders. That is the problem here. Expectations and guesses have no place in a court order. Noe, you have to deal with the clnsequences.
  8. Of course there is. You sue the company in small claims court. Whether it is worth your time and effort to do so is your choice.
  9. You did not identify your state. However, it is likely your state has some sort of a department of child support enforcement that may be able to assist you. Apply for TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) and the relevant agency should get involved.
  10. Since they don't own the property on which the mobile home sits they can be evicted from the park. Push it to the limit if you wish and the mobile home will also have to be removed from the park.
  11. Not clear. Who is "they"? How did "they" make the loan a long term loan? Why would anyone agree to such take a loan?
  12. I suppose they can "say" anything they want to. Has anyone been evicted for "sitting in breezeway"? Is there any written notice from HUD you can cite that says people can be evicted for sitting in the breezeway?
  13. From the SSA Faq's: A representative payee (payee) manages benefit payments for our beneficiaries who are incapable of managing their Social Security or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payments. Social Security law and regulations require payees to use the payments they receive for the current needs of the beneficiary and in their best interests. While serving as a representative payee, we encourage you to go beyond just managing payments and be actively involved in the beneficiary’s life. The following lists the required duties of a payee. Required Duties: Determine the beneficiary’s needs and use his or her payments to meet those needs; Save any money left after meeting the beneficiary’s current needs in an interest bearing account or savings bonds for the beneficiary's future needs; Report any changes or events which could affect the beneficiary's eligibility for payments; Keep records of all payments received and how you spent and saved them; Provide all records of how payments are spent or saved to SSA upon request; Report to SSA any changes that would affect your performance or your continuing as payee; Complete reports accounting for your use of payments, as required; Return to SSA any payments to which the beneficiary is not entitled; and Return to SSA any payments saved when you are no longer the representative payee for the beneficiary.
  14. Has the paternity of the child's father been established? Is there something you are not telling us? For instance, a criminal or mental health history that could be used against you? It is not unusual to require a pay to be required to be appointed as payee since it brings the payee under the jurisdiction of the local court's if the payee does not use the funds for the support of the child.
  15. Constructive eviction is a defense to paying rent after the party has been evicted. In order to plead constructive eviction you would have to leave the premises so it is not a means of preventing eviction. But, the statements you have just made are puzzling. You said the building in question has been condemned - "Placarded". If that is the case, why do you believe you should not be removed from the building?
  16. If the driver had already entered the intersection while the light was green, as the poster stated, then she is permitted to complete her turn even though the light turns red.
  17. When the complaint is filed, a summons to answer the complaint is issued by the clerk. There is no judge 's approval required to issue and serve the summons on the other party. The summons is served on the other party who then files an answer, if they be so advised. The case must remain on file for sixty days if there are no minor chidren and ninety days if there are minor children before the divorce can be entered. Perhaps your attorney is referring to the time the case must be on file before the judge approves the divorce and it is complete. No one here can help you. You need to discuss this with your attorney. He or she can file a motion to oreder your wife to not waste your assets. However, if you have hired the attorney to process a quicky no-fault divorce for $200, don't expect a lot of help. You may need to up the ante.
  18. If there is a will, it governs. The bank won't let you transfer until you qualify as executor. Then you need to pay her bills before you do any transferring.
  19. What did you sign at the emergency department?
  20. You did not identify the state so any suggestions are necessarily speculative. However, generally a holistical must be entirely in the handwriting of the decedent and signed by the decedent. What happened when you qualified to be the executor or administrator of the estate? You mother's power of attorney expired when she died and is no longer relevant.
  21. Since you seem determined to start a new thread every day about the same issue you are wasting everyone's time. People should not have to refer to prior postings in different threads to recall previous responses.
  22. Being a "test case" can be expensive and may cost the poster his or her job. If the company's workers compensation insurer requires all employees to submit to an EFA baseline test, it could be characterized as a business necessity. I suspect the company doing the EFA testing would not be in business long if it were that easy for employees to simply opt out. A less confrontational approach to HR about the issue may be a better start than a war.
  23. Please Google "North Carolina Beneficiary and Administrator Deed" for information about how you transfer title to real estate of a decedent in North Carolina. You can probably get a North Carolina attorney to help you for not much money.
  24. If the Board of Directors were to pass a resolution firing the treasurer and appointing a new treasurer, and the president were to provide a certified true copy of the resolution to the bank, I think it would be highly likely the bank would shut down access to the account by the old treasurer immediately.
  25. A president, secretary, or treasurer are officers of a corporation and are not necessarily members of the Board of Directors. It all depends on the by-laws. As we always say here, no one can give an intelligent answer who has not read the actual documents.
  • Create New...