Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Everything posted by RetiredinVA

  1. You need to explain a little more. Buying a property on land contract implies the purchasers are paying the owner rent with a portion of the rent applied to the purchase price. If the buyers make the entire series of payments the property is transferred. Until that point, the property remains titled to the owner. Is that what you are talking about? If so, your daughter can just stop contributing to the rent/purchase. Getting your property out may require showing up to get the property in the company of a police officer or deputy sheriff. The officer or deputy may cooperate if you indicate there will probably be a disturbance of the peace when you show up. Otherwise they will decline and say it is a civil matter and instruct you to file a court action for recovery of the property (called an action in detinue or replevin).
  2. Once again, and hopefully for the last time, the trooper's report is irrelevant to anything. It is not evidence in the traffic or any civil suit that may arise out of the accident. Therefore, the trooper has no reason to change anything in his or her report.
  3. Whether your works infringe on the trademarks depends on the content of your product, not be value of your time. If your time is spent producing a painting of the Yankees logo, you are infringing the trademark. But if you produce a portrait of a family with a small reproduction of the logo in the background, it might be considered fair use. Any time you produce a copy of a trademark and worry about whether it infringes, it probably does.
  4. It is not clear you have actually been charged with an offense. Have you? Btw, if you need to have witnesses appear, you need to have subpoenas issued ordering them to appear. Surprisingly, witnesses will usually decide in favor of a day at work versus a day sitting in a courtroom. If you subpoena a witness and they don't appear you would usually get a continuance, otherwise, no. On the other hand, the police officer will usually not be a witness against you in an accident case because almost all of his or her evidence will be hearsay - if you object.
  5. You do not have to agree. But, a court can order you to submit to the DNA test. That your husband's name is on the birth certificate is irrelevant.
  6. Try looking at : https://www1.nyc.gov/site/rentguidelinesboard/resources/succession-rights.page#targetText=Nor can someone succeed a,the rent with personal checks.&targetText=In general%2C for rent controlled,or permanently leaves the apartment.
  7. The procedure outline in response to the poster is incorrect in two aspects: First, it is not necessary, or even appropriate, to submit evidence with the complaint Second, and most important, the plaintiff must also submit a statement by a qualified expert in the field of health care that, in his or her opinion, the health care practitioner failed to provide the relevant standard of care in the case. Hiring an expert witness to provide such a statement will usually cost thousands of dollars. Please see Arizona Revised Statutes section 12-2602
  8. When a health care provider fails to provide the minimum standard of care in the community and causes injury to the patient.
  9. It appears to be a class three felony and the statute of limitations is six years.
  10. You can't get a better source than that. I BELIEVE!
  11. Could you give us some indication how you learned about this, please?
  12. What is a "conveyance charge"?
  13. If your friend is not non-compliant there should be no problem. If he doesn't have a phone, send him the money to get a pre-paid cell phone.
  14. The lawyer or lawyers who were appointed to assist you have probably been assigned many other cases. Consequently, they can usually only provide minimum attention to any particular case. It is inevitable. If they were to dedicate all their time to developing your case to the maximum extent possible, there may be ten other clients who would be neglected. This will not, understandably comfort you, but it is a consequence of the amount of money a state or locality is willing to devote to helping people who cannot afford top level representation.
  15. If the insurance was based on representations made by the insured regarding her health, then it is certainly reasonable and legal for the insurer to demand evidence of the insured's actual health history. Policies that do not require evidence or representations regarding the insured's health (often advertised on TV) contain a provision that the only benefit that will be paid on death in the first two years is a refund of the premiums.
  16. There are federal laws against discrimination based om constitutionally protected status such as race, religion, national origin, sex, age, etc. The poster's problem is he doesn't have enough income to assure the landlord he will be able to pay the rent. Discrimination on that basis is perfectly legal.
  17. It is possible to search appellate court, and some federal district court, records for reported decisions by attorney name. But, it is entirely possible the attorney has never appeared in an appellate court or had any published decisions. BTW, Michigan is not in the 2nd Circuit, it's in the Sixth.
  18. Then I guess you don't owe the landlord anything and have to get out by the 6th. Actually, you would not have had to get out the day of the trial. Executing an eviction can take a fair amount of time. However, depending on the language of the court's order, you may have avoided having an eviction on your credit record.
  19. Well, what does it say about "pensions in general"?
  20. If there is no will or trust, your friend's estate will go to his mother. So, the situation is not as dire as you may think. Also, unless your friend has funded the alleged trust it may be irrelevant. Funding means the trust is named as the owner of the home, car, bank accounts, investment accounts, etc. Documentation of those assets should be available in your friend's residence.
  21. You mentioned a "court hearing" but said nothing about what happened during the hearing. So, what happened in court?
  22. The answer is the same: it all depends on your contract, which we have not read. There is no law that says, "A buyer loses his or her deposit if ---------".
  23. "California statutes" and "California rules of Court" would probably be a better source.
  24. You are not telling us much about the nature of your "trespassing". Were you charged with a crime, like burglary?
  • Create New...