Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. My child's father was arrested for indecent behavior with juveniles and a sexual assault his ex-girlfriend with accessory to indecent behavior and obstruction of justice. I went to the clerk of court the day after I found out and got a restraining order for my daughter. Since then his parents have been trying to see my child and I just cannot trust them. They bonded him out of jail and are calling the victims liars. I have also had two health care professional and the Chief of D’s tell me not to let the grandparents be with her unsupervised. The grandparents have called twice in the last 3 days and the grandmother showed up at my house today without permission, she has never been to my home before this. She had brought gifts for my daughter’s birthday. The visit did not upset my daughter at first but later she became upset when it hit her that her grandfather didn’t come and her father didn’t send her a gift. She also told my daughter about the ex-girlfriends children being in a bad car accident and told her the injuries the children had. This is something she should have told me privately and let me decide the best way to tell her, if at all. The accident happened the day of her birthday party and she feels responsible for it since the children were not at our house. Before the grandmother left she told me she wants to see my child at her house. I found out recently that my child's grandparents plan to sue for visitation of her, her half-sister, and the children of their son's ex-girlfriend. I have temporary full custody of my daughter through a restraining order; her half-sister's mother has full custody with supervised visitation for the father, and the children of the ex-girlfriend now live with their father who now has full custody. Should I get an attorney now, which I cannot afford, or wait until their son is convicted?
  • Create New...