Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. Would there not need to be a judgement to serve me with a proceedings supplemental motion? I don't have any judgments against me. I don't see how it could be new ... my name has been changed for over 10 years. The only way I will know for sure is when I call the server tomorrow and learn why he is looking for me.
  2. Hi Pg, Sorry for the confusion of my wording. What I meant is how valid is the old debt considering it would be 10+ years old. Why I believe it to be the old car debt is because of the name that was written on the back of the card ... the last name is more than 10 years old. The second reason why I believe it to be the car I had turned in over 10 years ago is because I checked my credit report and see where Portfolio Recovery inquired my credit report in April, 2014. This is why I am confident that it is a very old debt. I don't really want a default judgement against me, especially if I'm able to prove statute of limitations has expired. Can one of you point me in the direction of where I can locate the SOL information as I'm sure I will probably need to produce that when going to court. Thanks again for the help.
  3. Hi Tax_Counsel, Thank you for a prompt reply. Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that the process server's action would be invalid. I did indeed check him out and he is listed on the 5th Circuit's web site as Certified. I also realize he is just doing his job and obviously does not have a clue how old this debt is. It was a used car so I assume will be under the 15k. I will monitor the court's web site as suggested. Thank you again!
  4. When I returned from work this evening there was a business card stuck in my front door. It is from a Certified Process Server and on the back of the card, he has my name handwritten. What is interesting is it is listed as my old married name. I have been married to my current husband for 11 years which tells me this is a very old debt. It's my understanding that the SOL has expired in Florida since this is a very old debt (no judgement). I believe it to be a car that I voluntarily turned in while married to my ex husband. I realize anyone can sue anyone for any reason however I am curious as to the validity of this action? Thanks in advance!
  • Create New...