Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. When I was a youth, over 20 years ago, I got into some trouble and was sentence to 3 years probation and community service under the Youth Act. Three weeks before I was to be released from probation, I got into some more trouble, that is by accident. I was robbed and my purse was stolen. My birth certificate and social security card was in my purse when I was robbed. I didn't have enough money to send to Mississippi to obtain a copy of my birth certificate. A neighbor of mine gave me a social security card of her cousin that was strung out on drugs and paid the $20 for a duplicate ID in her cousin's name. Young, stupid, and dumb I got an ID in her cousin's name because I needed to find a job quickly since I was just robbed and my rent was due shortly thereafter. Three weeks before I was be released from probation, I was arrested for a stolen check. The check was given to me by an ex-boyfriend that owed me money. When I went to court, the person who owned the check told the court she did not want to press charges because she knew her brother gave me the check. She said in-fact, she knew when he stoled them from her and how many he took. The state of Virginia decided to press charges anyway and sentence me to 12 months in jail. The judge said he needed to make an example of me. All of this took place well over 20 years ago and I am still paying for it now. I tried to obtain a Secret security clearance and was denied. I was told it was because I have a felony. The charge I received for the three years probation was in Federal court, although, while in court the judge said that it was not a felony and should not have been heard in that court, but still was. I have tried so many times to get this charge removed from my record, but was unsuccessful. Please help! Is there anything I can do?
  • Create New...