Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About FindLaw_Kevin

  • Rank
    Bronze Contributor

Recent Profile Visitors

1,605 profile views
  1. My name is <<SOMETHING GENERIC>> and this was a bad post and my phone number is ******** for a good time call
  2. It is possible that since the driveway was put in you have acquired either title or an easement to the property your driveway is on. If the survey was originally done in 1986, the driveway placement must be older than that which may well surpass the statutory time limit for adverse possession in your state (you didn't mention the state). Adverse possession requires that you be in open, notorious, hostile, and continuous possession of property for the statutory period. Some states have other requirements as well. For example, I believe Texas requires a showing of good faith, and California has a requirement that taxes have been paid on the property. If you believe that you have acquired the property through adverse possession, you would bring an action for quiet title to resolve the issue. Your attorney may be suggesting that you sit on the issue because he believes you have a defensible claim for adverse possession, but that it's not worth the cost and time for YOU to bring a quiet title action.
  3. In the abstract, none of those things can be used as a reason to keep the children away from you absent the court order requiring you to, say, supply your home address to their mother or say, refrain from being involved in any criminal activity (the assault charge not necessarily the dropped child endangerment charge) However you're going to have to go to court to enforce the existing order and you could potentially face a modification of the order. Decisions about visitation are made in sort of an organic way generally using the vague phrase of "what is best for the child" as a directional beacon, so it's impossible to say what a judge might do if you do face a modification. You may want to check out or child custody resource center for more information.
  4. Yeah fallen that was my fault I hadn't noticed, one of the posts was called alimony in CA, it got eaten by the other one when I merged the two posts
  5. I agree with all prior answers, but also If there's some sort of pre or post nuptial agreement, that might cover whether she gets alimony in this situation
  6. In at least some jurisdictions all officers are trained to be human radar detectors before they are permitted to use radar detector radar detectors.
  7. Like pg1067, I also was surprised by this, do you mean that she wanted to take your children on a trip out of the country with her new boyfriend?
  8. You should talk to a lawyer, but you can go with her to fight the hearing to find her incapacitated and if the court does find her incapacitated you can ask the judge to make you her guardian and since she's already living with you, nothing would then have to change about your and her day-to-day life.
  9. You could start here. You also might call your local bar or supreme court (you don't mention your state, but in some states the bar is mandatory and in some it's voluntary and the court is the mandatory governing body for attorneys, many do attorney referrals, also a local county bar association might do attorney referrals. If you intend to bring a class action, the judge has some say in the appointment of an attorney, so an attorney with class action experience is necessary.
  10. Yeah I think I agree with adjusterjack, generally it is illegal to take an employees tips, but a service charge is not a tip regardless of whether the place you work at is implying that it will be treated as a gratuity. State law might say something different though, what state are you in?
  11. I'm reluctant to ban anybody who isn't violating our community guidelines, but I set her to have her posts reviewed by a moderator before her posts can go live to the site.
  12. I think you should hire a lawyer. This is an awesome case, not to you obviously, I'm sure it's been very distressing, but the story it tells is a definitely a compelling one. Sounds like an intentional tort, the guy acts like a jerk, and he left human excrement all over your yard, and he tore your yard up. You might have a shot at punitive damages in addition to having your yard fixed and cleaned up on his dime. I think you could find an attorney who would want to take this case (on a contingency fee basis). Also, I think you should do the things LegalwriterOne and DumplinHoneychild suggest.
  • Create New...