Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. Yeah, I was kind of thinking the same thing, your question doesn't make sense. If you're also referring to a modification, or a change to the original divorce decree, the same applies. There is no time limit or statute of limitation on making a motion to modify the divorce, including child support, custody or visitation issues.
  2. To ask or request that an employee not retain counsel, isn't an illegal act, but could be unethical. However, a threat of action if you decide to seek the advice of counsel would definitely be a violation of the law. Some employers will seek to settle any potential claims outside of the involvement of legal counsel which is favorable to them, but often detrimental to the employee. Whatever offers may be made, should be reveiwed with counsel before signing any paperwork at all!!!!! Can't stress that enough!
  3. Yeah, you would need to be able to prove the letter false. Unless you have multiple witnesses that will appear in court and testify as to the falsity of the letter, the letter will be deemed accurate and true. Perhaps your Chapter leader will recant his attestation of the letter. That seems to me to be the only other option.
  4. Congratulations!! I was going to suggest a cross-claim against the ex-. But the Court saw the intent of the purchase and placed the responsibility on the ex- since he's the one with the vehiicle.
  5. You have to submit a motion for modification of child support. The motion is styled with the heading of the case, as demonstrated on the Order for child support (case no., court, parties names, etc.). In your motion, (called a Memorandum-In-Support) you'll want to lay out the events of the case leading up to the current order. Then explain the events or circumstances why you believe a modification is appropriate, and then make your motion for a modification. You'll need a separate draft order which essentially says what you want the Judge to order, which will look similar to the current order. A copy of the motion will go to your ex- or his attorney, if you know he has an attorney. There are certain minimum time periods (usually 10 days) you'll need to serve your ex- with a copy, and then you'll file the original with the Family Court Clerk's office. Sending the copy to your ex- certified with return receipt, will be a good idea. Along with the motion, you will also want to do a Notice, indicating you would like a hearing, if you desire one, which you'll want to Notice at least 2 - 3 weeks out. Talk with the clerk's office for specifics on motion hours and filing deadlines for the next motion hour. Otherwise, you can file your motion with the family court clerk's office, still observing the applicable minimal time periods, and the judge will make a ruling. The clerk's office may also have forms which may simplify your efforts to file a motion for modification. You would be better served hiring an attorney, but these are the basics for preparing and filing a motion for modification. There may be other procedural steps which may be required that an attorney would better understand and have knowledge of. Good luck!
  • Create New...