• Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. I live in WI and have been temporary legal guardian of my healthy 16 year old sister. We have different fathers and her dad lives in Il and has agreed to let my husband and myself have legal guardianship of her. She has lived with us for almost 4 years. Do we still need to go through the courts with a guardian ad litem or since it is voluntary can the paperwork just be filled out and notarized? It seems crazy that we would have to pay $500 when she has been living here all this time for someone to tell us yes its a good enviroment. Thanks for your help in advance!!