Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Posts posted by doucar

  1. Bifurcate means split the issues, in this case for trial.  Often it means two trials, or if the ruling goes one way in the first trial, then the second one may not be necessary.
    For example in a divorce case, you can bifurcate the trial so that the first trial is on the issue of the end of the marriage, and the second would be to divide the property.

  2.  As of right now not only does he have the rights to her but she has the right to child support from him!!! 

    NO he does not.  Under the law, as you the OP are aware, your husband is the presumptive father.  If the bio dad chooses to ask for a court ordered paternity test which proves he is the father, he could have visitation rights and the obligation to  pay child support.  If he  chooses to do nothing, nothing will change.  if you wish, after  the paternity test, you could ask him to give up his rights and your husband could adopt the child.

  • Create New...