Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Everything posted by adjusterjack

  1. LOL, yourself. I've had occasional successes in writing to the top of the food chain. Naturally, I don't expect the top person to respond but things get done by people with a lot more authority than the 800 number customer service flunkies. Enough successes that I don't hesitate to bypass the front lines if I don't get positive results.
  2. 1 - That they didn't report doesn't mean that they won't. 2 - There's nothing to prevent them from reporting unless your contract specifies that they don't report. Even that won't prevent reporting. It would only give you a cause of action to seek damages, if you incur any. 3 - Why would you object to something positive going on your credit report as long as your account remains in good standing? 4 - If you default on the contract, they can send it to collections and the collection agency would put it on your credit reports even if the company doesn't. 5 - Your options? If you don't want stuff going on your credit report don't buy stuff on credit. Save up and pay cash. Otherwise, you are not going to have control over what gets reported to credit bureaus.
  3. Who are you talking to at the manufacturer? Positions, not names? If you are talking to customer service people you may be wasting your time. I suggest you go to the top and deal directly with the people who run the company. The company information is from the IL Secty of State website: Corporation/LLC Search/Certificate of Good Standing LLC File Detail Report File Number 03352536 Entity Name WEBER-STEPHEN PRODUCTS LLC Status ACTIVE on Friday, 16 November 2018 Entity Information Entity Type LLC Type of LLC Foreign File Date Monday, 22 November 2010 Jurisdiction DE Agent Information Name ABRAHAM LINCOLN Address 234 MAIN STREET METROPOLIS, 62960 Principal Office 234 MAIN STREET METROPOLIS IL, 62960 Agent Change Date Monday, 22 November 2010 Duration PERPETUAL Annual Report Filing Date Friday, 16 November 2018 For Year 2018 Managers View File Number 03352536 Entity Name WEBER-STEPHEN PRODUCTS LLC Status ACTIVE on Friday, 16 November 2018 Entity Information Principal Office 1415 S. ROSELLE ROAD PALATINE, IL 600670000 Entity Type LLC Type of LLC Foreign File Date Monday, 22 November 2010 Jurisdiction DE Duration PERPETUAL Agent Information Name C T CORPORATION SYSTEM Address 208 SO LASALLE ST, SUITE 814 CHICAGO , IL 60604 Change Date Monday, 22 November 2010 Annual Report For Year 2018 Filing Date Friday, 16 November 2018 Managers Name Address BUSH, WILLIAM R. 401 N MICHIGAN AVE, STE 3100 CHICAGO, IL 60611 Name Address STEPHEN, JAMES C. 1415 SOUTH ROSELLE ROAD PALATINE, IL 600670000 Name Address GRYN, LEONARD S. 3410 VANTAGE LN GLENVIEW, IL 600250000 Name Address STEPHEN, WILLIAM F 1415 S ROSELLE RD PALATINE, IL 600670000 Name Address KEMPSTER, MICHAEL J. 1415 SOUTH ROSELLE ROAD ROLLING MEADOWS, IL 600080000 Name Address RAINKO, KELLY D. 401 N MICHIGAN AVE/STE 3100 CHICAGO, IL 60611 Name Address DILLS, JOHN 401 N MICHIGAN AVE/STE 3100 CHICAGO, IL 60611 Name Address SCOTT JR., HAROLD LEE 2735 GULF OF MEXICO DR LONGBOAT KEY, FL 34228 Name Address TRULASKE, STEVEN L. 2001 EAST TERRA LANE O'FALLON, MO 63366 Name Address CONGALTON, SUSAN T 380 SINGLETREE ROAD EDWARDS, CO 816320000 Name Address SCHOEB, MICHAEL D 4450 BELLHAVEN LANE OSHKOSH, WI 549040000 Name Address SCHERZINGER, CHRIS 1415 S ROSELLE RD PALATINE, IL 600670000 Assumed Name ACTIVE WEBER GRILLS
  4. What happened when you clicked print? What happened when you called up to find out the disposition? Did you do anything to follow up?
  5. What date did you send it? It could take a couple of months until you get a response.
  6. Yes, actually, in California you can do that under the Unfair Claims Practices statute 790.03(h) http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displayText.xhtml?lawCode=INS&division=1.&title=&part=2.&chapter=1.&article=6.5. PG1067, see: https://corporate.findlaw.com/corporate-governance/third-party-bad-faith-actions-return-to-california.html and: https://www.justia.com/trials-litigation/docs/caci/2300/2334/ But to succeed in a bad faith lawsuit you would have to show that what they are doing is "a general business practice." In other words, not just something they are doing to you. Bad faith lawsuits are very complex. You might seek an attorney with specific experience in successfully suing insurance companies for bad faith. Or, as PG1067 suggests, file a complaint with the Department of Insurance citing the violations of the statute. At least, then, you may get a reason for the insurance company low balling you.
  7. There is no bad faith on third party liability claims. The other driver's insurance company owes you nothing until a court of law says so and says how much. You sue the driver if you want to sue. You don't need money to hire a personal injury attorney. They work on contingency. They get paid if they get you a settlement or an award. However, they typically get 1/3 so if an attorney won the $15K limits, you'd get $10K anyway. If the attorney got a judgment for more than $15K, collecting against someone with minimum limits would be problematic. Have you looked to your Underinsured Motorists Coverage? What state are you located it?
  8. Yes. It's in your mortgage contract that you carry insurance on the house. If you don't, your contract allows the mortgage company to buy it's own insurance and charge you for it. The insurance covers the lender as its interest may appear. Even if there is no longer a property securing the loan, the insurance fee is charged even though the mortgage company would never collect on it. Did you tell the person who wrote you that letter that you no longer owned the property and that there is nothing to insure? If yes, what was the response? If no, maybe you should have done that before coming here.
  9. Not necessarily. An LLC is a disregarded entity for income tax purposes. You would use your own SSN and attach Schedules C and SE to your return. Nor will an LLC protect you from being sued personally for trademark infringement. The best and safest route is to get consent from the manufacturer even if it means buying a license. An infringement lawsuit can put you into the poorhouse just from defense costs even if you haven't done anything wrong. If you aren't willing to do it right, don't do it.
  10. You are going to need a lawyer and I suggest you turn one loose on the cooperative ASAP because this: seems like the beginning of an attempt to shine you on and not pay you much of anything if anything at all.
  11. For that kind of insight you will need a lawyer to review the transcript of the trial and all the evidence presented so as to determine if there is any cause for seeking to overturn the conviction. Perhaps the Louisiana Supreme Court can convince you that you may be wrong. In 1998 James Michael Casey was sentenced to death for the murder of 12 year old Christina Wolfe. He appealed the conviction and sentence arguing various assignments of error. Two of those errors involved "prosecutorial misconduct" during the prosecutor's closing argument. The following is the court's ruling regarding the prosecutor's closing argument quoted directly from the case decision: https://scholar.google.com/scholar_case?case=12660273680873022206&q=closing+argument&hl=en&as_sdt=4,19 There are roughly 2500 other case decisions that involve closing argument. https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=4%2C19&q="closing+argument"&btnG= So, you see, your quote is certainly taken out of context and that kind of "rhetoric" was apparently permitted by the court and also apparently not objected to by your cousin's attorney. Given some of the horrible statements that the Supreme Court did allow, the prosecutor's statement in your cousin's case seems rather tame and was unlikely to have made any difference to the verdict. Would you now reveal what your cousin was convicted of and what evidence was used to convict him?
  12. You could have googled it and found all sorts of information just like I just did. https://duckduckgo.com/?q=prosecutorial+misconduct&t=ffhp&ia=about The phrase you quoted is out of context and probably has nothing to do with the evidence that convicted your cousin.
  13. How much money are you talking about? The total difference between what you've paid and what you think you should have paid.
  14. Let's start with that. Read the following from the IRS: https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/independent-contractor-defined People in your type of profession are often independent contractors so you aren't likely to get anywhere making an issue of it. Are you asking if 2 days notice is breach of contract? No way of telling without reading the contract. All to often people post here saying that something "states" something and when one reads the actual document it doesn't "state" that. So please quote that provision about termination word for word in its entirety and you might get a helpful comment.
  15. He had a right to collect rent as long as he owned the house. And, unfortunately, the foreclosure was between him and the lender and "legally" none of your business. Respond to that letter in writing to the new owners that the federal Protection of Tenants in Foreclosure Act was reinstated in 2018 and requires 90 days notice: https://www.federalreserve.gov/supervisionreg/caletters/caltr1804.htm Well, that's on you. Everybody should amass an emergency fund for just that kind of contingency. Sure, the landlord can be sued, but you aren't going to win so don't waste your time or your money, especially your money, which can be better spent finding another place to live.
  16. Another reason to pay the lesser amount, knowing that your ex is likely to take you to court where you can sandbag her with the home schooling issue. There's no reason why your daughter shouldn't have graduated high school this semester.
  17. $180 per month difference. Is that something she'd go scorched earth for?
  18. The only part of that paragraph that is clear and unambiguous is the last sentence. The rest of it's gibberish. The words "step down" do not appear in OCGA 19-6-15. If it was me, I would obey that last sentence and let the ex initiate any court proceeding to try and convince the judge that the other two sentences mean something else. How much was the prior amount of support?
  19. Your ex determines how much you pay toward the arrears. If she's not satisfied with the amounts that you pay, she can take you to court and make you a very unhappy person. I suggest that you continue to pay the same monthly amounts without interruption. That should satisfy her. If you haven't paid any of the arrears since your 2015 post, you probably owe a lot more now than you did then.
  20. In looking back over OP's first post it appears that he has taken certain quotes a piece at a time from the document. I'm willing to rescind my opinion until we see that entire section of the court order quoted word for word, dollar for dollar, without any editing excepting redacting of names.
  21. That's not the only answer. I don't see a conflict between the statute and the court order. The statute says keep paying but doesn't say keep paying the same amount. The court order specifies pay less upon emancipation. Emancipation is defined by statute as age 18. Since it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission I suggest that when the offspring is 18 you just write your checks for the lesser amount and turn a deaf ear to the CP's protestations. Put the difference in a separate account and don't spend the money. Then let the CP decide if she want to go back to court on it. The worst that can happen is you get ordered to pay back the difference. Of course, if you act on my suggestion you do so at your own risk.
  22. True, but the court order already changes the amount that has to be paid. No need to go back to court to get it changed. Payments continue but at the reduced amount. By the way, 19-6-15 has a ton of sub-sections. Which one are you referring to?
  23. Follow the court order as written. https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2018/title-15/chapter-11/article-10/section-15-11-720/ Doesn't say anything about school. Assuming that you are relating the words of the court order correctly, the step down amount is what gets paid.
  • Create New...