Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Posts posted by adjusterjack

  1. That's easy. You go right to the FL landlord tenant statutes and study them carefully. Everything you need to know is in there.




    http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0000-0099/0082/0082ContentsIndex.html&StatuteYear=2018&Title=->2018->Chapter 82


    If you have specific questions, ask away. Explain what's happening to you and we might be able to guide you further.


    Also read your lease. There may be things in the lease that aren't addressed by statute but obligate you under contract law.

  2. Depends on the terms of the lease and the rules of the apartment.


    What, exactly, does "sitting in a breezeway" mean?


    How many people at one time? Are they sitting on chairs or on the floor?


    Are they smoking? Drinking? Playing music?


    Are they in the way of people going to and fro?


    I can't imagine that one person sitting in a chair reading a book being an issue. Must be more to "sitting in a breezeway" if management has their dander up.





  3. 3 minutes ago, pg1067 said:

    What does "the company I'd some work for" mean?


    "...the company I did some work for" is my guess.


    4 minutes ago, pg1067 said:

    Payment for what?


    The work is my guess.


    17 minutes ago, Alison said:

    What should be my next step?


    If you were an employee you can make a wage claim with the state.


    If you were an independent contractor you can file a lawsuit in small claims court. Or you can make a wage claim with the state and claim to have been an employee who was illegally classified as an independent contractor.



  4. 4 hours ago, Quigz2 said:

    This is why I am not understanding how the other insurance company can possibly attribute any liability to my daughter.


    Because they want to, in order to reduce the cost of the claim. A judge might disagree.


    3 hours ago, pg1067 said:

    Having a signal go from green arrow to green light -- with no intervening yellow arrow is a recipe for accidents.  Is that really how this signal works?


    Probably. It's very common at intersections in Phoenix.

  5. 7 hours ago, Farmer Mac said:

    This 'neighbor' didn't bring his tractor here just out of the goodness of his heart. He was a friend of the owner's brother who used to own this property. The man died in a suspicious fire on the property. The neighbor believe's he should own this property because of his long time friendship with the brother. He's illegally stored junk here for years. Was asked to leave and get all his belongings off the property 2 years ago when my sister-in-law was awarded the property by a judge.Now he's been told he can not come onto the property without paying rent for the last 2 years he's used this property illegally. He brought the tractor over as a way to try to "sweet talk" the owner into letting him have his junk which is still all over the property. I believe he is leaving the tractor here trying to trap me into something illegal.


    Jeez, that's a complete 180 from what you wrote in your first post.



  6. 4 hours ago, Quigz2 said:

    What recourse do we have in this situation?


    Either your daughter sues the other driver for 100% or she uses her collision coverage and let's her own insurance company go after reimbursement.


    If she was injured to any serious extent, she can consult a personal injury attorney.


    I also don't see any liability on her part.

  7. 28 minutes ago, Pam McDonald said:

    Can I legally drive the tractor back to his property? I am worried that he has left it here to try to cause me legal problems and get me to leave.


    The neighbor did you a big favor and you're thinking trouble because the tractor is still there? Yikes.


    Bake him some cookies and gently ask him when he would be able to retrieve his tractor.


    For all you know he may be waiting on you to say whether there's more work or not.

  8. You didn't check all this when you bought the property. Anything you found out now could have been found out before even making an offer.


    Why are the terms of your title policy coming as a surprise to you now? Didn't you read it when you got it? Actually, even before you got it you would have gotten a commitment for title insurance that outlined what was covered and what wasn't.


    All I can suggest is that you pay for the surveys, and get the pins set in concrete and then photograph them with appropriate landmarks in the photos, so this doesn't happen again.



  9. 2 hours ago, pinballman said:

    Anyone have any ideas on what I should do.


    You have no case against anybody but yourself for not having the right insurance.


    You own and drive a truck for a living. Insurance is your life blood. There's no excuse for being clueless about it.


    There is nothing you can do but pay your towing bill out of pocket and figure out how to repair or replace your truck with your own money.


    Before you put it on the road again, get yourself to an independent insurance agent who has experience with truckers' insurance and get it done right. Don't rely on anybody else.



  10. I'm still not getting it and suggest you get back in touch with your lawyer as you may still have an enforceable agreement for alimony even if he quits his job. And you certainly may be able to enforce the lack of notice as part of the original court case.



  11. 58 minutes ago, mariaivory said:

    how then can the Plaintiff go before the judge behind my

    back & file and plead for a "summary judgment"? and get an order

    demanding I respond the pleading before the jury trail... which now

    seems to be moot.???   Is this legal???


    Yes, it's legal, and common. A Motion for Summary Judgment can be filed pretty much at any stage of the litigation. Google it and you'll find plenty of information about it.


    The jury trial is not moot. If you respond properly to the MSJ and get it denied you proceed to the jury trial.


    1 hour ago, mariaivory said:

    Do I have to go to court to re-instate with an order, the jury



    You have to respond to the MSJ and tell why the MSJ should not be granted.


    37 minutes ago, reenzz said:

    You neeed a lawyer...like yesterday.



  12. 10 minutes ago, LegalAdviceAppreciated said:

    our agreement


    What agreement?


    10 minutes ago, LegalAdviceAppreciated said:



    Are you quoting word for word or just paraphrasing?


    11 minutes ago, LegalAdviceAppreciated said:

    that I was to receive a 6 month notice prior to his leaving


    Leaving what?


    11 minutes ago, LegalAdviceAppreciated said:

    He not only dismissed




    11 minutes ago, LegalAdviceAppreciated said:



    What is "this"?


    12 minutes ago, LegalAdviceAppreciated said:

    he waited until my rights were dismissed to inform me he was leaving?


    What rights and how were they "dismissed"?


    12 minutes ago, LegalAdviceAppreciated said:

     Isn't this the equivalent of a crime in some way?


    Breaching an agreement (whatever that agreement may be) is not likely to be a "crime" subject to prosecution, fines, or jail, but it could be a tort (civil wrong) for which there may be a remedy.


    14 minutes ago, LegalAdviceAppreciated said:

    He took away my rights. when i read through the General Statues of divorce and alimony, I do not have apostivie response to any of the stipulations based on his leaving now


    Well, you are going to have to come up with a much better explanation of what happened to you because your post is incomprehensible.

  13. 5 hours ago, Jared Rogers said:

    I googled to find a lawyer in my area and this site came up (along with a few others) so that is why I asked the question. Of course reputable lawyers do not troll message boards looking for clients!!!! DAH! So......tell me.....just what is this site for?????


    So people like me can suggest things like this:


    9 hours ago, adjusterjack said:

    Google name change for a minor with the name of your state and learn all about the court process.


    The court might not allow it unless you are married.


    A site like this is just a starting point.


    Had you mentioned your state I would have provided a link to information that you can easily find by googling the topic. But since you didn't, I didn't.


    PS. You generally don't need a lawyer to file for a name change.


    BTW, why isn't your name on the birth certificate?

  14. 5 minutes ago, Tisha said:

    My step mother got everything and did not share any of my father’s estate with my sister and I. Is this legal?


    Probably. Married people typically own everything jointly with right of survivorship.


    6 minutes ago, Tisha said:

    If not what should I do?


    Well, one thing you can do is look up their home in the county property records. If they owned it jointly with right of survivorship, she automatically got ownership the moment he died. And it's a good bet that, from there, everything else was owned jointly.


    And you would get nothing unless there were assets owned as his sole and separate property.


    7 minutes ago, Tisha said:

    Can a lawyer take his fees out of winning settlement if granted since I have no money to pay up front?


    That would be up to any given lawyer. All you can do is call around and ask.

  • Create New...