Jump to content


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Everything posted by adjusterjack

  1. adjusterjack

    Nuisance neighbor/drug den in neighborhood with an HOA

    I don't see any issue with distributing copies of the public documents WITHOUT COMMENT (no cover letter, no signature, no opinions, no recommendations, no return address on the envelope, no nothing), just the documents. Let the 150 homeowners draw their own conclusions and make their own decisions. Just make sure none of those "public" documents have your name on them. In other words, if you made a complaint all you've made are unproven allegations which might give rise to grounds for a lawsuit. Of what? When most people write that they have "proof" they often don't. Example: You have photos of a guy coming up to her house and handing her a plastic bag of white powder. She hands him money. Is that "proof" that she is dealing drugs? No. It's a suspicion. If you voice that suspicion it's an unproven allegation. He could have picked up some baking soda for her at the store and she is reimbursing her. You would have no way of knowing unless the contents were analyzed in a lab. Or: You have photos of cops coming to her house 50 times in a year. All that proves is that cops came to her house 50 times in a year. Was she convicted and jailed as a result of any of those visits? No? If you had any real proof of crimes being committed she'd be in jail. Don't count on that. Lawyers can take a defamation case on a contingency. I'm not saying you don't have a problem neighbor, I'm just suggesting that you be careful about what you say.
  2. None of that makes any sense. Answer the following. A collision quote for what? Why did State Farm Send it to you? What was the DATE that you were sent the quote? Bell what? Owe $12,000 for what? What was the DATE that you were sent the bill. Once you clear all that up, we'll go from there.
  3. adjusterjack

    Bankruptcy of Ponzi

    Then they should just put that money aside and not spend it until everything is resolved.
  4. adjusterjack

    Reporting Hours

    That's easy. Dear Employees, report your hours on time or be fired. Period.
  5. adjusterjack


    Have a little patience. No need to post the same message every few hours. Your other thread has been reported for deletion. Have you been served a summons and complaint?
  6. adjusterjack

    Is the eviction process neccessary??

    Agree. The GA LT statute does appear to treat Carol as a tenant: https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2017/title-44/chapter-7/article-1/section-44-7-1/ It appears that, statutorily, Bob would need to go to court and get a Writ of Possession before he can have Carol's belongings disposed of: https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2017/title-44/chapter-7/article-3/section-44-7-55/
  7. adjusterjack

    Cash loan default

    This is not a criminal matter so the threat of the state pressing charges is BS and likely a violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA): https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/rules/rulemaking-regulatory-reform-proceedings/fair-debt-collection-practices-act-text What they CAN do, however, is sue you in civil court for the debt. Ohio, unfortunately, has a very long statute of limitations for a lawsuit based on a written contract (8 years) and they still have time left. https://law.justia.com/codes/ohio/2017/title-23/chapter-2305/section-2305.06/ So, yeah, you still have to pay if you don't want to get sued. That has nothing to do with the item being on your credit report or not.
  8. adjusterjack

    move during court case

    Is who you need to talk to about this.
  9. adjusterjack

    inequality with foster parents

    Justice for what? Your son is an adult. Nobody can "force" him to resemble an African American.
  10. adjusterjack

    Evil step father

    It's rather obvious that you aren't going to get justice or money out of the low life, no matter what you do. Forcing the sale of the house through the courts could take months and if you don't have money for a lawyer that's a non-starter. If you need money quickly I suggest you start a Go Fund Me account and tell your story on facebook and seek donations. Your story is sad enough to get some sympathy and dollars.
  11. adjusterjack

    Co-signer on auto loan

    The reality is that you don't. You were doomed the minute you co-signed for somebody who was "having trouble getting a vehicle." I'm surprised that the car hasn't been repossessed yet.
  12. adjusterjack

    Rezoning One year after remodeling Rv Park

    Ditto. Lawyer up.
  13. adjusterjack

    Sellers contractor lied to them, I bought the lie

    You're kind of between a rock and a hard place. You bought the house a year or more ago. The AC was presumably working when you bought the house. If you had a home inspection that just verified that the AC was working at the time and didn't question the invoice provided by the seller I doubt you have any claim against the seller. As for the amount that you can recover, that's the $1500 for the repair cost and permit and I'm not even sure you would win on that, certainly not the cost of a new system.
  14. adjusterjack

    Sellers contractor lied to them, I bought the lie

    Sorry, but you have no case. The seller provided you with in invoice showing he purchased the unit in 2016. You relied on that invoice. You have no case against the seller. You did not purchase the unit from the contractor so you have no case against the contractor and the invoice itself is truthful about the installation date. You never questioned the individual items so that's on you. My guess is that the bonding company will deny your claim outright. All you can do is find the warranties from the manufacturers of the components and hope that the warranties apply to all subsequent owners and start running as of the date of the installation. When you get them read them carefully because if they do apply to you they are often void if you don't have the AC serviced annually. Otherwise, you've got nothing against anybody. Besides, the idea that you've got over $10,000 in damages is ludicrous. The AC is working.
  15. Why do you want to know?
  16. adjusterjack

    He filed, I answered What’s next?

    Do either of you have lawyers? If not and he filed by DIY, then I suggest you two try to work out custody, visitation, and division of assets and debts with an agreement that you can both live with and then write up your decree and submit it to the court for the judges signature. If things are hostile and you can't agree on anything, then the judge will make the decision for you. And if, along the way, one of you gets a lawyer, the other will need a lawyer or get screwed. And with two lawyers, count on being broke by the time you are done. So, back to trying to work something out.
  17. adjusterjack

    beneficiaries with bank

    You need to get as far away from that credit union as possible.
  18. It doesn't, since the beneficiary already HAS been changed to the daughter. Be what way? A wife owns everything her husband owns. She was still married to him and had every right to do it.
  19. adjusterjack

    Neighbor killed my tree

    NC doesn't have a statute regarding negligence so if you want to study up on the subject just google negligence law. Meantime, here are the basic (simplified) elements of negligence: Defendant owed a duty to commit an act or refrain from committing an act (refrain from killing the tree) Defendant breached this duty (he killed the tree) This breach of duty caused injury to the plaintiff (in the form of monetary loss due to the cost of removing and replacing the tree) Defendant's actions (or inactions) were the proximate cause of the injury (the defendant should have known that this action could have caused damage) Plaintiff suffered actual damages (the cost of removing and replacing the tree) Number 4 is the tough part of that. What do you mean by "push"? Unless you are willing to sue for it, the contractor is free to say no to your "push."
  20. adjusterjack

    Dispute Legal Fees During a Divorce

    You can try a fee dispute at: http://ww2.nycourts.gov/admin/feedispute/index.shtml Or an ethics complaint at: http://www.nycourts.gov/courts/ad2/attorneymatters_ComplaintAboutaLawyer.shtml Frankly, though, I don't think either will get you anywhere. If you let your attorneys run loose while you had visions of milking your ex dry, that's not the attorneys' fault.
  21. Why would YOU need clarification. Who are YOU in this scenario? Not that it matters. The beneficiary was apparently successfully changed. The daughter gets the IRA. The wife didn't stop the divorce to care for him, she stopped because she knew he was going to die and figured she'd get all of the money instead of just half. The old guy outsmarted her. Good for him.
  22. adjusterjack

    Probation search

    Make sure your GF and son know that in no uncertain terms in case they are tempted to keep contraband.
  23. I don't know what to tell you. Your mistake was giving him the $3000 up front. He probably spent that and your car was no longer a priority because he had to work on his daily customers who paid on completion. I learned that a long time ago with contractors and never pay them up front. Only when the work is completed. You'd be amazed how fast work gets done when you are holding the money until the work gets done. Oh, yeah, taking your car to LA when you live in the Bay Area, also bad idea. Not enough mechanics in the Bay Area?
  24. adjusterjack

    Small estate with debt in CA.

    The CA probate self help section doesn't appear to address that question: http://www.courts.ca.gov/8865.htm I suggest getting some professional legal help. Maybe you can get a free consult with a probate attorney on how to handle that. Call around and see who's willing to help.
  25. adjusterjack

    Use of a garage

    How'd you miss this, RVA? A Guide to handling Wisconsin claims for the return of property, published by the Wisconsin court system: https://www.wicourts.gov/forms1/circuit/ccform.jsp?FormNumber=SC-6030V