Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by FindLaw_John

  1. Theodore1 said...Is there any such paperwork and if so, what is it called (bench warrant)? Has bail been set? Has your son been arraigned? You might find it helpful to read about the criminal trial process here on FindLaw. I'm unsure what paperwork your son might be waiting on. Did he agree to take a plea? In light of the amount of time he's spent incarcerated, your son might seriously want to consider speaking with an Arkansas criminal defense attorney for assistance. You can find one by using FindLaw's Lawyer Directory. Many of the lawyers listed even offer free consultations. Best of luck.
  2. It would seem that it would depend on what chemicals/compounds it contains. You can read more here and here. (I make no claims as to the accuracy of the linked material). To be certain, I would recommend checking with local law enforcement as well as with a local criminal defense attorney.
  3. FindLaw_John


    I think you have part of the citation for a West Virginia statute. But there seems to be another number missing. Can you check again where you read that code and see if there's an additional number or a chapter number? Typically it would be XX-11F-132 or similar.
  4. FindLaw_John


    tstarr said... they never told him what his levels were Typically not required in most states. tstarr said... they did not give him a ticket or any other information and he was released to me to go home. Does this seem right that he did not even get a copy of a citation? Seems odd that they would allow him to drive home if he was being cited for DUI. That said, it's possible he could be mailed a citation or have one issued to him at a later point.
  5. Keeping in mind that no one here can read the terms of the contract and is as familiar with the facts of the situation as you are, if the bondsman is unwilling to abide by the terms of the agreement then you will likely need to sue him for breach of contract. You might want to consider reviewing the documents and the situation with a local attorney who can offer you advice and guidance in this situation. You can find an attorney near you by using FindLaw's Lawyer Directory. Many of the lawyers listed even offer free consultations. Best of luck.
  6. You might also find it helpful to read the materials FindLaw has available on the topic of Identity Theft: Detecting Identity Theft: Has Someone Stolen Your Identity? Tips to Help Protect Your Identity
  7. I'm unable to find an actual copy of the Batavia, Ohio township ordinances or the like online (if they exist). Didn't have much luck with Clermont county either. That said, there are some Ohio laws that might deal with this issue: 2923.161 Improperly discharging firearm at or into a habitation 2923.162 Discharge of firearm on or near prohibited premises. Additionally, the operation of a shooting range may run afoul of your local zoning code/ordinances.
  8. I have removed a significant amount of the text you posted for your security (contained personal information). In addition, brief posts with direct questions are best-suited for a forum like Answers. Our FindLaw Answers FAQ might be of assistance for your future posts. It provides tips on how best to write a question (also pointing out that posting personal information on a public message forum can lead to undesirable results). That said, if you believe your bankruptcy attorney isn't representing you to her fullest extent, you're always free to terminate the relationship and hire a new attorney. You can find a new California bankruptcy attorney by using FindLaw's Lawyer Directory. Many of the lawyers listed even offer free consultations, so there's no harm in making a few calls. Best of luck.
  9. I think this section of California's Probate Code dealing with Intestate Succession would apply here. Review the code and apply your own facts to the situation and feel free to ask if you have any questions.
  10. Most commercial services online will require that you pay a fee. You might be able to obtain criminal background/history information on an individual through the state (which you didn't mention), though there are typically processing fees involved there too. You might try using this page to see if you can obtain the information you seek.
  11. Have you contacted the officer and/or his department yet? I'd try that first. If that doesn't get you anywhere, I'd consider speaking with a Nevada civil rights attorney for next steps.
  12. You can read the information FindLaw has on medical malpractice here. (Scroll to the middle of the page)
  13. sissy1026 said...What can i do to try and get some kinda of case going? You might want to consider reading through the materials available here at FindLaw on medical malpractice claims to get an idea of what they are and when they're actionable. From there you can assess your own situation and decide if further action is necessary. Additionally, if you believe there is an actionable claim, you ought to get in touch with a local medical malpractice attorney. Many of the lawyers listed in the FindLaw Directory even offer free consultations, so there's no reason not to make a few calls. Best of luck, and let us know what you find out. sissy1026 said...Does anyone stand a chance when trying to go up against a hospital? A chance, yes. A medical malpractice attorney can assess what type of chance it is if there's an actionable claim.
  14. MaineDavid said... So I'm pretty sure my lawyer lied to me. Do I have any recourse if it's true that he lied to me? What is it that you think your lawyer lied to you about? It sounds as though he didn't believe you had a shot at winning at trial, and that your best chance was to take a plea. What do you think he was lying about?
  15. amo0104 said... what are options at this point are. Probation violations are usually dealt with at a hearing, before a judge. Probation can be revoked or amended. You can read more about probation violations and the possible repercussions here on FindLaw.
  16. cerealtellsall said... Does anyone know if this is possible or any possible way to help me? I think you'll either have to turn yourself in or retain an attorney to make an appearance on your behalf (if allowed). Because warrants don't disappear, you'll likely need to straighten this out before you can acquire any sort of official ID. You can find a Michigan criminal defense attorney who can advise and counsel you by using FindLaw's Lawyer Directory. Many of the lawyers listed even offer free consultations. Best of luck.
  17. Well, you can read the elements for acting as an "accessory" at SC Statute 16-1-40. Reading further down the page will provide you with information about acting as an "accessory after the fact."
  18. crcbabyboo said...we live in the state of pennsylvania will he get jail time for this ? If convicted, yes, it's a possibility. Your son might want to consider speaking with a criminal defense attorney to help prepare for his defense.
  19. mariJane said...Mostly is there a law against being intimidated to sign a change of plea? From the sound of it you weren't in custody and were free to leave at any time. Your plea is your choice, regardless of what actions the prosecutor may have taken. Nothing you described seems to indicate illegal conduct took place (perhaps unprofessional).
  20. Nathan66Smith said... They took a second degree trespassing warrent on him and he did not even go on their property. "They" can't take out a warrant. They can file a police report which may result in an arrest warrant being issued. Nathan66Smith said... What can happen to him? Well, if he's been charged with a crime he can try plea bargaining, pleading guilty, or defending himself in court. You can learn more about the criminal trial process, here, on FindLaw. Second degree trespassing in North Carolina is defined as follows: "§ 14-159.13. Second degree trespass. (a) Offense. – A person commits the offense of second degree trespass if, without authorization, he enters or remains on premises of another: (1) After he has been notified not to enter or remain there by the owner, by a person in charge of the premises, by a lawful occupant, or by another authorized person; or (2) That are posted, in a manner reasonably likely to come to the attention of intruders, with notice not to enter the premises. ( Classification. – Second degree trespass is a Class 3 misdemeanor. (1987, c. 700, s. 1; 1993, c. 539, s. 102; 1994, Ex. Sess., c. 24, s. 14©.)" If convicted of a Class 3 misdemeanor, with no prior convictions, he could serve up to 10 days in prison. Nathan66Smith said... They have no evidence except their word, against ours Their word is evidence. As is your husband's. If your husband has been charged and this is headed to trial, your husband might want to consider retaining a criminal defense attorney to aid in his defense. You can find a criminal defense attorney in Concord, North Carolina by using FindLaw's Lawyer Directory. Many of the lawyers listed even offer free consultations, so there's no harm in making a few calls. Best of luck.
  21. BBJohnn said...What is the law about firing of firearms in Batavia Township Ohio in a residential area In what context? And why would you be shooting firearms in a residential area?
  22. Kltpzxym said... is it against the law to fight back or must you stay put and take the beating the officer(s) are giving you? This is a difficult question. While one is generally entitled to defend themselves against an unprovoked attack, know that any use of force or violence against a law enforcement officer can have devastating results (whether it be in the form of additional criminal charges or injuries sustained while officers are in the process of subduing a suspect). If the conduct is unwarranted, and if there is video/photographic evidence as such, it would likely be in the person's best interest to not use physical force against a law enforcement officer. Such conduct can be addressed at a later time, particularly if it's been documented.
  23. justjojo said... Please I need help,I want to go back to my country but don't want to leave this behind. What is it exactly that you're wanting to do? To clear the warrant you'll likely need to turn yourself in. You might be able to get a local criminal defense attorney to appear on your behalf and attempt to deal with the failure to appear, but in all likelihood you will need to be present at some point. If you're asking about immigration matters, you'd need to speak with a local immigration attorney. I'd suggest you start speaking with attorneys about what you want to do and how best for you to proceed. You can find a local attorney by using FindLaw's Lawyer Directory. Many of the lawyers listed even offer free consultations.
  24. indianna said... The question is how to argue this Unfortunately, no one here can offer you a step-by-step how to win your case guide here. You'd need to speak with an attorney licensed to practice law in your state who could offer you strategic advice. indianna said... in which court Would probably depend on the amounts involved. indianna said... what are the odds of one person against this huge company No one here can predict the future, I'm afraid. indianna said... who does this type of work? Any New Jersey Litigation attorney ought to be able to review the applicable facts in light of the law and advise you of your options. You can find and speak with a Beach Haven, New Jersey litigation attorney by using FindLaw's Lawyer Directory. Many of the lawyers listed offer free consultations, so there's no harm in making a few calls. Best of luck.
  25. VetNeedsHelp said... Can I recover this money without hiring a lawyer? Perhaps. However, I'd take care to review the terms of the agreements, if any, you entered into with these companies. If they simply agreed to market your timeshare, and they can prove they did so, then I'm not certain you'd have a successful claim. That said, as this would likely be a contract claim, because of the amount involved, you'd likely need to sue in small claims court. An attorney isn't always necessary for a suit in small claims court, though it may be beneficial to at least strategize with one. You can speak with an attorney by taking advantage of the free consultations that many listed in the FindLaw Directory offer.
  • Create New...