Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sentinel1900

  1. The California Vehicle Code, Division 17, Chapter 3, Article 1, Sections 40801, 40802; covers the issue of "speed traps."
  2. Simply call Children's Services. No matter the situation, the child is the important one. If he is not being abused your ex will realize what the score is. If he is abusing him then your son might have a chance at a better life. It's your call. Show them all the records and tell them this story. Don't be vindictive. Let them know you will cooperate in every way.
  3. Talk to your dad. You've not indicated that HE wants you, only that you want to live with him. If he is willing to man up talk to Children's Services. Explain all this to them. It is hard to believe that the court didn't talk to you--our state looks to the child's maturity or age 14 at least.
  4. A constitutional right? The facts are not supported for what you propose. The children have no specific right (look how quickly courts can remove them under issues of neglect. ) Present an open and honest request for a modification based on your current situation. Advocate for the children's interest in seeing both parents. Agree to let it follow a temporary path reviewable when you return to work.
  5. Though your info is somewhat rambling, I missed any mention of your State of residence. The debt issues outside the real property don't seem relevant since you seem interested in the "matrimonial" property. Depending on whether yours is a community property state or not.
  6. In your post you never allude to the boss actually saying "you're fired". If he said get out I would be inclined to interpret this as "leave my office now" or" get out of my face." The fact that you state the boss called to see if you were coming in to work would support the presumption.
  7. No. If one itemizes the other must itemize also. IRC ©(6)(A)
  8. You fail to mention a state, but regardless, if the facts are as you report, it would seem to be unlikely. The child's dad and you must assess your situation to determine if anything might come up that would negate continued custody. Speak with an attorney or call legal aid.
  9. Are you a U.S. citizen? Were you married? What is on her birth certificate (is he named as father). Has she ever lived in the U.S.?
  10. Because you disagree with a diagnosis doesn't mean you can avoid paying. A credit dispute and malpractice are two separate issues. See an attorney and lay your facts out to him or her.
  11. Speaking in generalities what does the HOA by-laws say? How many tenants are involved? They should write HOA and complain about the intrusion into their private lives.
  12. If you can't deal with an attorney at this time, I suggest you check "The New York State Consolidated Laws". The domestic section, Article 13, Sections 240C; 244B, C, and D. You can review these on FindLaw. He should be able to get some relief but the court will not let him abuse it.
  13. Are you full-time? If you are not scheduled to work that day like the others, why should you have Monday off? The technical semantics appear to be the issue. Sunday is the holiday. It appears that your employer does not pay premium time for working holidays so those employees receive a day off. If you work on a holiday and everyone else receives a day off for working but you do not, you might have a claim. It really depends on the employee handbook, employment contracts, and state law.
  14. If it was a company vehicle and you were authorized to operate it, the company should be liable. Why didn't the company or rental company have insurance? Did you drive the vehicle without authorization of your company? Regardless of insurance, who was at fault?
  15. It is very doubtful that double jeopardy attached. The matter was dismissed on technical errors. And just what "other defense"? You say citizens arrest. Who was the citizen and just what violation were you accused of?
  16. No way to answer this. Check with the city and county zoning and tax authorities.
  17. Check with local counsel. The court may have failed to appoint a Guardian ad Litem for her.
  18. It is somewhat strange that the late payments would not have been applied in some way. But in any case a motion with the court should provide relief.
  19. Too broad to answer. Are you under an employment contract, or union agreement? What state are you in? Is yours a right to work state? As for "legal" it is doubtful that you will find any law protecting this type matter.
  20. You don't mention a state of residence. Is age 18 the age of majority in your state? As step father what is your interest and can you not intervene on behalf of the daughter?
  21. What makes the case is the arresting authority and their jurisdiction. Without more info on specific charges no one can tell you a possible statute of limitations.
  22. Your rights will depend a lot on your unnamed state. From your post you need to realize no move is going to matter. You have to work on you first. You have drug problems (whether legal or illegal in some states, if you get arrested you have a problem). You excuse it because since your friends are selling you're on board. Basically, you are not looking for change except in locale. You'll be hunting new dealers wherever you are. You didn't say you wanted to get off drugs--you don't even plan to. Yes, you can have probation changed from one state to another, but if you don't work on you it will be a failure. Sorry for the politically incorrect reality check, but you are too young to be letting environment dictate who you are. Real help is out there if you truly feel an internal need to change. I've seen you before--just in a different place, different name, different circumstance. Whatever issues you have at home address them with the court. Are the problems because of you? If your biological father has addiction issues it seems that you may be genetically predisposed to them. You may have inherited an affective disorder (the depression or bi-polar tendencies). Your addiction could be a symptom. Little legal discussion here. But you as a young adult need to see the possibilities for healing. For me, I am tired of seeing lives destroyed, dreams ruined and futures fall into the muck and mire of failure. Best wishes, and if you want to step up and be a man or woman, to cover all bases, start inside you. You might give up excuses, find you and have a long, positive life.
  23. What is your state? Every state has different limitations on prosecution. As LegalwriterOne stated, Alabama is quite different. Our neighbor Tennessee limits the "no statute of limitations" to homicides.
  24. You don't mention if the criminal case has been resolved. Did the officers agree to lie on the reports? Just comparing notes would not be an issue as long as the officers told the truth. As pg1067 alluded to, your attorney can fill in the blanks. If unresolved, that is your main concern right now. Good luck.
  25. Remember that the prosecution has full discretion in such matters. Since he took all responsibility it was an easy case. Had he kept quiet the entire bunch would have probably been charged (they would be bargaining chips for a deal with the owner).
  • Create New...