All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Well, I owe a very large public defender court fee that is 15 years old. Can I still be forced to pay it off under this kind of order?
  3. If a judge finds in your favor, be thankful and get on with your life. Going tit for tat against a lunatic ex only enhances the lawyers' bank accounts.
  4. This thread originated in 2015. Please do not resurrect dead threads.
  5. The law states that groups A B or C are exempt for reason Y. Clearly, the intent of the law, as written, is to allow police the use of unmarked vehicles for undercover or special investigations, and those purposes ONLY. Anyone who paid attention in 4th grade during sentence diagramming can clearly see this. So, unless you are the subject of an ongoing undercover or special (which could have broad meaning but does not encompass a split second decision to pull you over or not pull you over for a traffic violation) investigation and you are pulled over by ANY police officer who is in an unmarked car (and, the standards for "marking" are clearly called in the statute as well, and lights and a grill commonly used by police do not meet the standard), THAT OFFICER IS ACTING UNLAWFULLY (this is stated at the beginning of the statute). I would not cooperate with the officer, which could lead to my arrest, but that would give me an immediate chance to fight the unlawful behavior by the officer. Now, am I guaranteed a win in court? No, but should I be granted a probable cause hearing by a judge who is fluent in English and has some modicum of respect for the law, I should easily find my motion granted and the case dropped. The real trick would be convincing the judge to then issue a warrant for the officers arrest (unlawful detainment among other things). I don't think my chances here would be more than 1 in a metric **** ton, but I would remind the judge how many times I've been told that ignorance of the law is not a defense, and that illegal is illegal no matter who perpetrates the crime. I'm pretty sure I'll get laughed out of court as the prosecutor has his or her tail between their legs, having been quickly bested by someone without a bar card, but with some sense of satisfaction that I was mocked on my way out of court. At least that's what's happened the 3 other times I had cases dismissed in motions court, pro se. I swear, lawyers are great with procedure and sometimes their familiarity with the judges and clerks has value, but they are the only people who know less about the actual law than I do.
  6. I have another question (not that my first one has been answered). How large an employer is this? I'm wondering if they're having to file an EEO-1 report for the first time.
  7. Yesterday
  8. So custodial parent went and filed with DCSS instead of filing contempt. Custodial parent claims arrearages ( which are false/ I have all pay receipts ). Per DCSS I have an opportunity to object to this at which I believe a hearing will be scheduled to contest this amount as well as what DCSS is claiming. DCSS is claiming child support will be the $1168 a month and not the step down amount of $988. If judge finds in my favor is there any possible ramifications / sanctions to custodial parent for filing this false arrearage?
  9. Very likely the company got the idea to do this and the wording for it from someplace else rather than internally or from its own lawyers. The vast majority of employers would have no need for a consent like the one the OP described. But someone in the company may have heard of some other firm using it and, as some people do, figured that if that other firm did it then it must be important for his/her company to do too. 🙄
  10. So by the way, I reckon you are a "payroll" man? A Human Resources person David Jr suggests because I would have never got "HR" till next week! Lol thanks for your time and putting up with my crazy self.
  11. "Laughing Out Loud" I'm half nuts I do admit I get excited... Trying to get it all out.
  12. It isn't that you don't speak the language of law. You seem to have an issue with the language of English. And it isn't an Arkansas thing because I to am form Arkansas.
  13. Thanks thats why im an attorney n all... I a Certified Nurse Assistant. I not good at this. I know it. I do apologize. This is how we learn I suppose. We David Jr and I are 1. looking to get his record cleaned or whatever you all language is when it comes to this court cases. That way it hopefully won't mix in with his fathers cases. There is alot more to this cases honestly. And little advice? As of is this right of the court? I may just take a few law classes. So I can speak the language. Or at least understand. It.
  14. What are you trying to do here? Your communication skills are not going to allow you to help much. If we were to give you a step by step guide on how to clear this up there is simply no way you could comunicate it to Jr or Sr.
  15. As a child grows up in a criminal household what ever else would anyone expect? Just because"criminal" word is involved doesnt mean bad people. Blessed to be alive walking back into a court room or jail is a blessing! And David Jr sat in that jail 60 some odd days he done his due! Like a man no saying he doesnt need to own up to his responsibility of the fines before David Jr stroke. Just funny how happens to be the date 5/28/2019 he David jr absoconder now! The date the mistakenly let him free.
  16. So now David Jr and David Sr. In jail on 5/ 28/19 they released David Jr. Only for the Sgt of jail called to tell david Jr. They released the wrong David. And they wasnt releasing David Sr. Until this man hobbled back to the jail to turn "David Jr" him self in a second time. He turned himself back in david Jr. Dad free david Sr. And 5/28/19 is where absoconder comes in!
  17. So both Sr and Jr are criminals. Why are you surprised they are both in jail?
  18. We worked with bondsman David Jr and myself. Turned David jr in on 4/24/2019 mind you in the mean time DAVID Sr getting 2 felony charges. Was going to court as David jr was stuck in jail! County pulled 2,200$ cash only warrant from Public intoxication"no one" seemed to see during all other jail visits. What David jr thought was going to pay bond in out jail david jr was in there till 7/1/19! David Sr going to court dates basically waiting till going to or sentence to prison. David Jr was getting pulled to hos dads court dates from jail. So david sr decided he was sleepy one afternoon and fell plum asleep in from of the judge! David Sr got contempt. Failing drug screen. Holddd onnn more..
  19. Now, 2017 David Jr started receiving SSI. In which was much needed in order to pay his fines. I and Heather fiance of David Jr. As I met back up with david jr 2017 Sept. We went to high school together. We reconnected. So David Jr been to jail couple Times due to fta, FTC bonded out had court January 14 2019 930 am was present. David Jr. As the judge said to david Jr would you like to apply you cash bond to your fines and fees? David jr says "if I can" judge says great your done mr David Jr your free time go. As we went on with our lives all of a sudden BOOM mr David jr another warrant! For FTA on January 14 2019.
  20. Okay, David Jr got into trouble with his father Sr. So David Jr, in 2014 got public intoxication. Which gave David Jr. PTR. In 2015 April David Jr. Had stroke, aynursm, heart surgery. From then on David Jr had gotten FTC and FTC. Alot as David jr was in a coma. David learned tp walk and talk took time. So PTR was withdrawn. Somewhere in between. PTR Withdrawn "DUE TO LENGTHY HOSPITAL STAY" Then on out. David Sr finally started taking his sons hospital papera to the courts as he was in his care. Following so far? Because theres more..
  21. Seriously...these posts are a mess. For example: Who has papers? What papers? What does "that says from ar connect" mean? What hospital records? Who was "showed the hospital records? Who are "they"? What does "PTR" mean, and what does it mean to withdraw PTR? What's your involvement in this situation? If your point is that the person who was mistakenly released was given additional time for being an absconder, then that person needs to be speaking with an attorney about fixing that.
  22. Then find a way to explain it that makes sense to people who don't know the situation.
  23. I will not give up. And if you knew what I'm trying to say or seen this messy case you wouldnt want to mess with it either and its a challenge! Thanks
  24. "Writing off" debts does not necessarily mean the debt is forgiven. It is basically a bookkeeping function that removes the debt from the list of court assets. However, the debt can still be collected, for instance, by collection agencies which purchase the debts for pennies on the dollar. Of course, the order you posted only applies to public defender fees anyway.
  25. What did your PO say when you showed him that?
  26. Then give up asking. Because you aren't really even asking the questions and giving the information in complete sentences.
  1. Load more activity