All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Yesterday
  3. Posting on a thread that has been closed for months or years is a violation of most message board etiquette.
  4. The OP hasn't been back to this thread for over a year now.
  5. Response to Payroll HR Guy: Meth head has several arrests for possession of meth, the most recent 7/30 this year. He was released pending trial.
  6. It sounds like they are trying to justify the arson charges because it is not arson on your own property unless you claim against the insurance. By ordering the property change they validate the arson. Also how is monies given from/to theft. Who is claiming theft? I say don't do anything without lawyers all the way around.
  7. I know this is old, I might be able to help someone in a similar situation. It sounds like the you are more afraid of the dogs than they are vicious. You did not mention any bites. The fact that the owners bring in the dogs at night supports my belief the dogs are not viscous and just reacting to your fear. Dogs that are likely to maul are isolated from all human contact. If I were you, I would talk with the owner of the dogs. Tell them that you are afraid of them and you need the owners help in changing the dogs reactions when you are out and about. This will also help to keep the dogs from trying to get out. What I have done for my neighbors is, I make my dog sit, be sill and silent when my neighbors are out. I scold for barking at kids and reward for the proper manners. You could even with the dog owners presence, toss a treat over the fence after they quiet down. Learning and use of the dogs names when the owner was not around would be helpful. Stopping your fear of the dogs is key to getting them to stop barking. When I am walking by a fenced yard and a strange dog barks at me, I tell them good dog, because they are supposed to bark at strangers. By the second or third time walking by, the no longer bark. If I would have shown fear, that would identify me as a threat, and they would continue to bark. Because you have shown fear, it would take extra effort to change the dogs behavior toward you. From what you have said, the dogs are reacting to you. The dog owners seem pretty responsible and respectful because you said they did not let the dogs out till the fence was fixed to the best of their ability. They don't want their dog biting anyone either, or they would loose the dog. For planned backyard parties they would probably put the dogs inside for the day because they would not want their dogs stressed by the activities. If you work together to create an atmosphere of normalcy the dogs would learn to ignore what you do in your yard. I have had large dogs that could have easily jumped my 4 foot fence. In fact the only time one dog jumped was when someone was breaking into my van to chase them away from it. Talk to the owner of the dogs. People have forgotten how to communicate to solve problems. Your rights are only on your property.
  8. I used to live in California, your attitude is why I don't anymore. Everyone imposing their will on others. The idea that what someone does privately on their property affecting you or your property value is not true. I recently got my asking price for the house I sold. Not one of the thousands of comments were about anything the neighbors were doing. One neighbor works on cars so he has 20 or so on his property. One neighbor was running meth lab that was busted. Neither items had any effect on my property value. The only thing that does affect property value is if someone turned their home into a store or factory or bar etc. What are you really upset about? Her nice car? If you want a nicer car, get one. Unless she starts letting her dog poop on your yard you have no issue. She could be someone who travels around visiting friends and family. I have friends and family all over, and when I do go to visit it could be for 6 months or years. Did she complain about your light because you are being judgmental? How about getting to know her. Looks like a nice well kept camper. As far as I see you have no problem.
  9. They aren't required to allow you to sleep off the migraine on private property (the gas station) either.
  10. It could be charged as unauthorized use of a credit card. But, first the bf would have to report it to the police, they would have to decide to investigate the matter, and file charges. Has any of that happened?
  11. Since the poster hasn't been back since October of 2015, I guess we'll never know.
  12. How common is your name? Are you sure the case you found is actually your appeal and not the appeal for someone else? In any case, the appeal is decided based on the transcript of the proceedings in the trial court that the trial court provides. So the information used by the court of appeals is drawn right from the trial court records. It is not the appellate court decision that is holding you back, though. It is your conviction record. Even if you could change how the appeals court opinion reads (and you can't) it still would not change the fact that you were convicted of the offense. It is the conviction that employers are concerned about.
  13. There isn't. You had every opportunity to do a thorough inspection of all the nooks and crannies, but you didn't. Two lessons: 1 - Always inspect thoroughly. 2 - Never believe anything anybody tells you when they are trying to sell you something. Even your buyer agent is going to lie to you to make sure the sale goes through without a hitch. Any belief that a buyer's agent represents the buyer's interests is delusional.
  14. Yes Sir, 2014. I was in Texas working my new job, I called the courts before my court date in AZ and tried explaining to the clerk I couldn’t go back to AZ for court and wrote a declaration and sent it to the court as well. Didn’t hear anything back about it and didn’t stay on top of it. Just didn’t seem right for them to have me drive when I said I was medicated and couldn’t see well. Then 2 other police offices within exits pull me over and ticket me.both asked if I was under the influence and stated they could arrest me. But that they were letting me off easy with ticket—I didn’t want to be behind the wheel in the first place. I wrongly assumed the judge tossed it out when I didn’t hear anything back. Thank you for the information
  15. My husband and I just closed on a townhouse yesterday. On the first viewing there was a very faint urine smell that the realtor said she barely smelled. She said maybe they did not was the floors before they left (referring to the renters the seller had in the unit prior to selling). Second visit was with sellers agent to see if I still liked it and I wanted to see if smell still there and if he could explain it. Again still there but faint. He had no idea and we agreed maybe “a pet smell” in the floor and it could be an easy fix by cleaning at worst replacing pergo. Because we needed a fast closing due to school starting and already had moved from leased unit and was living August in our camper, we waved inspection (being a townhouse and we didn’t think we had to worry about exterior and all interior washer, dryer appliances, forced hot air and a/c in working order and there were no disclosures). Our buyer realtor advised us to get it, but we said nah, they would have disclosed any real problem. Day one that we closed, I had a home cleaner at my house at closing to wash the entire house before we started moving anything in. She found cat urine on all baseboards. After washing it was still smelling and getting worse. She opened a floor grate to wash and the smell burst out like nothing we had ever smelled before. The cat urine is in the air ducts!!! There was NO WAY anyone did not know about it! We were told during the second walk through the carpets were just replaced and if that was the case, they would have HAD to have removed grates to do that and would have found the issue. I wish there was something we could do to hold them responsible for non-disclosure. Kelly
  16. I can completely relate!! My husband and I just closed on a townhouse yesterday. On the first viewing there was a very faint urine smell that the realtor said she barely smelled. She said maybe they did not was the floors before they left (referring to the renters the seller had in the unit prior to selling). Second visit was with sellers agent to see if I still liked it and I wanted to see if smell still there and if he could explain it. Again still there but faint. He had no idea and we agreed maybe “a pet smell” in the floor and it could be an easy fix by cleaning at worst replacing pergo. Because we needed a fast closing due to school starting and already had moved from leased unit and was living August in our camper, we waved inspection (being a townhouse and we didn’t think we had to worry about exterior and all interior washer, dryer appliances, forced hot air and a/c in working order and there were no disclosures). Our buyer realtor advised us to get it, but we said nah, they would have disclosed any real problem. Day one that we closed, I had a home cleaner at my house at closing to wash the entire house before we started moving anything in. She found cat urine on all baseboards. After washing it was still smelling and getting worse. She opened a floor grate to wash and the smell burst out like nothing we had ever smelled before. The cat urine is in the air ducts!!! There was NO WAY anyone did not know about it! We were told during the second walk through the carpets were just replaced and if that was the case, they would have HAD to have removed grates to do that and would have found the issue. I wish there was something we could do to hold them responsible for non-disclosure. I hope you got better results. Kelly
  17. Me and the wife hit hard times she started smoking meth. I had cheated.. Long story short we seperated and she found a bf. He had a warrant and went to jail.. she came home while that is going on. So my Wifes bf is in jail.. She Stores his stuff at our house... I search it find stuff of mine and his wallet. Is it wrong of me or illegal to search it? I check the card on google pay to see if its active and Accidently charge less than $2.00 What would this classify as or be treated as in a court of law for indiana?
  18. If this is accurate 2014 I drove (moved) from California to Texas. While driving thru AZ its been 5 years and is too late to fight this ticket. You will need to pay the fine, late fees, etc, to get the hold off your registration. You can complain to the department, but again it has been 5 years and who knows if the officers are still with the department.
  19. Yes you can put them out but you still need to go though the court to have them removed. Sorry.
  20. I had two friends move in a little over a year ago to help me take care of my husband who was diagnosed with colon cancer. He has since passed away. There is no lease and they do not pay rent. They were supposed to get their own food but that didn’t last long. I have recently found out they are doing drugs in my home. I am a paraplegic and can’t afford confrontation. Can I legally just put them out? I live in Virginia, can I use the tenant at sufferance law?
  21. I just moved into an 8 suit apartment (4 other suits are still vacant) building in Lakewood, Ohio, Cuyahoga county, no written lease, just verbal. I paid the lady who manages the place for the “unknown owner” initial deposit of $1,500 BUT was told to make money orders out to “Cuyahoga county Treasurer office” I also noted on checks the property address the payment was for. Now I found out that the unit I’m renting had been vacant for over a year - gas utility co. Needed to do inspection and results of that inspection had to be faxed to the city of Lakewood buildings inspector in order to turn on the gas!! What city or county records department can I query to get to the bottom of WHO OWNS and WHAT’s PROPERTY TAX STATUS and WHO LEGALLY OWNS or are there LIENS Against the property? The lady who’s managing the property for the “unknown owner” says we have to fix the broken (rotted) entry stairs ourselves and one of my movers fell thru the stairs when moving me in! The roof leaks, ceiling fan fixtures have shorts and don’t light! My cats have caught 3 mice and I’ve only been in this place 2 weeks!!! what legal tenant rights do I have in Ohio and recourse do I have to demand “unknown owner” fix apartment discrepancies? I’m a female 64 yo disabled vet on disability pension I certainly don’t have ability to pay for repairs on a fixed income!!! Nor am I inclined to knowing how to fix rotted wood stairways!!! WHAT DO I DO LEGALLY?
  22. Their acceptance in the past doesn't alter the terms of the written agreement.
  23. Last week
  24. I’m not the type of person to fight tickets when I’m wrong. I just pay it and move forward. That’s not the situation here.
  25. I honestly don’t know if I was speeding. I explained to the officer that I was under medication and when my migraines get that bad I can barely see. I told him I didn’t feel ok to drive to the rest stop. It was in the middle of the night and I had never driven that road before
  26. I’m not an attorney, but I’m confused as to why the HOA and or you and your neighbors can’t get a restraining/protective order? His parents can get a restraining order as well as start the eviction process. Without starting there it just sounds like a lot of gossip and an irritated neighbor with a personal beef against this guy. I don’t know any parent that would allow what you are saying to continue to go on. Also if you have an HOA then you are making a sizable amount of monthly payments to a company that really should be handling this situation if it is affecting the neighbors like you say it is. No offense but it sounds personal.
  1. Load more activity