Guest Guest

File complaint against a DMV employee

I just wanted to know How do i file a complaint against an employee from DMV?? This employee took my id from me, it wasnt expired, and didnt want to process my application to get my DL, all of this because i am hispanic. Please let me know ASAP. thank you Miguel

I recommend that you start with the supervisor of the DMV office that you visited and work your way up the chain from there if you don't get a satisfactory answer. If that doesn't fix the problem then I suppose you could complain to the state attorney general's office, many of which have a human rights division. However, I would be careful about immediately claiming that any poor service was due to the fact you are hispanic without some kind of strong evidence. Also, its unclear from your posting what harm you suffered even if the service at the DMV was poor. Did you not get your license? Or was it just a pain to go through the process? Not every problem is solved by legal action.