DARNA747

Cult activity

Hello,

I am in great fear my son has been manipulated/brainwashed into being part of a cult and there is no way in talking him out of it.  My son was in a terrible break up before he met the woman online, who is now his wife and have a two year old daughter, my first granddaughter-who I love so dearly.   Worst part is that the wife has abused my granddaughter since she was about two months old; and, now has gotten worse.  I have seen signs of torcher and sexual abuse on my granddaughter by my son's wife.   She has brainwashed my son so much to the point that he can't see the truth.  He has always wanted to divorce her even before she gave birth to my granddaughter.  Therefore that's why I don't understand how he can choose to accept her lies over my warnings.  The wife is very clever in appearing so innocent and denies everything I suspect her to have done, and I fear is still doing. She is in close contacts with friends, associates, and other members of her church, 7th Day Advent. And, I do not know who to trust.   Please help--I am at a loss and I can only pray and hope some day my son would one day see the truth and get out with my granddaughter before it's too late.  Thank you for  reading this.

You didn't ask a question, and I'm not sure what the point of your post is, but if you suspect your grandchild is being abused, call the police and/or child protective services.

2 hours ago, DARNA747 said:

I am in great fear my son has been manipulated/brainwashed into being part of a cult and there is no way in talking him out of it

Hi there.You mention on further down,that she is a member of a "Sabbath Day Adventist Church,"is that right? If so,they have somewhat different beliefs that most traditional Christian,faith based churches,but are still considered "mainstream,"so,as such,they are not a "cult,"just mistaken for one.

2 hours ago, DARNA747 said:

Worst part is that the wife has abused my granddaughter since she was about two months old; and, now has gotten worse.  I have seen signs of torcher and sexual abuse on my granddaughter by my son's wife.

With regards to your suspected abuse of the grandchild,if your son will not listen to you,you need to take the next step,and report the abuse to child services,as well as call the police and make a report to them too,and you need to do it,like yesterday.This is a serious matter,and you waiting around to talk some sense into your son,only make you a "contributor,"to your grandchild's abuse.

Also,Do you not get to see her,and have you ever tried to talk to her to establish that the wife is indeed the one who is abusing her??I do hope you know,that it's not the "Adventist Church,"that is telling/teaching your son's wife to abuse your grandchild.

Thank you for your answers.  I have reported the abuses to cps and to other agencies, but disappointedly did not get the results I was hoping for--they believed her over me. But I'm not giving up on my son and granddaughter.  I believe there's more good than bad in this world and I know my son is good-hearted , he just got involved with a terribly wrong person. 

You say,you reported the abuses to cps.Well,they have a duty to follow up on all reports of child abuse made.I'm not sure what's going on here,but if they came out,and seen obvious signs of abuse/torture,they would not being doing their job to further investigate,and have the child examine by a Doctor.

On the other hand,if they came out,and didn't see the abuse you have described here,then they have no choice but to believe your son's wife.If you feel that strong that your granddaughter is being abused,and cps is not doing their job,perhaps it would be best to file a formal complaint against the department.

Your son lives with this woman,and I find it very strange that,he would be "clueless," as to whether the child is being abused,especially if it is going on with any frequency.

Bottom line is that your son is an adult and father and does not have to do what you would prefer. If he is happy in his marriage, you are just going to have to live with it. If he is unhappy, it is up to him to seek a resolution that will make him happy. If he is living in the house with someone abusing the child, odds are better than average he will be held responsible. If you "know" it is happening, then no one is going to believe he is the innocent bystander who was unaware. Unless you have witnessed it actually happen, how do you know the wife is the one abusing her? If CPS has investigated and found nothing, and your son is not taking any action, then perhaps it is you who is mistaken about the abuse. It defies reason that her own father and the agency who investigates allegations of abuse all day, every day would miss clear signs if they are as obvious as you state. CPS is used to dealing with liars as it is extremely rare for anyone to openly admit they abuse their child.