Marchingt9

How to/ Can I claim these abandoned cars?

I'm in Georgia. At my apartment complex in the visitor parking sections there are 3 cars. All of which are locked, they have not been moved in a year or more (They are gathering dust, and spider webs), one of the vehicles has an expired tag, another has no tag, and the last one has a test drive tag. How can I go about claiming these vehicles as my own if possible. The vehicles are in visibly good condition, and are fairly nice newer cars. I'll provide whatever information I can, just ask.

One fairly basic fundamental principle is that everything belongs to someone.  The vehicles may be abandoned but somewhere there is an owner.  The department of motor vehicles knows who owns those cars because someone's name is on the title.  The easiest way to own the vehicles is to contact DMV an see if they will identify the owners.  Iff the owners have really abandoned the vehicles they amy be willing to sign the title over to you.  On the other hand, it is possible the vehicles were stolen and abandoned by the thief.  The owner may be happty they have been found.  Or, the vehicles may have been abandoned because the owner couldn't make the payments and the lender who financed the purcahase would be entitled to repossess the vehicles if they knew where they were.  Or, the vehicles may belong to someone who has died but his or her executor hasn't gotten around to finding the vehicles.

What it boils down to is that you cannot unilaterally seize a vehicle that is apparently abandoned.  If you contact the landlord he or she may have the vehicles towed.  The tow company can then auction the vehicles off after a period of time to pay the storage and towing fee and after notice to the owner.  Maybe you can buy the vehicles at the auction.

3 hours ago, Marchingt9 said:

How can I go about claiming these vehicles as my own if possible

This is the third site that I found you on (so far) and here's the same answer I gave you on the other two.

Read the statute:

https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-40/chapter-11/article-1/40-11-9/

If you want to go through all that, knock yourself out.