dwalt

HOA claim

In 2016 I had 2 floods due to the main plumbing  line backing up and causing damage to my 3 story condo/townhouse. Initially the HOA did not assume responsibility but later did after I used my personal issurance to restore my unit. They came to grips when my insurance suborgation department filed a law suit against the HOA. After the repairs were done to my unit it was later discovered that my garage door opener stopped working due to water corrosion.  I filed another claim with the HOA prior to a year of the last incident but they denied my claim for the reason noted below  The Board denied the request on the basis that it was not part of either of the claims that have been resolved.  The Board/Association is not responsible for the hardware for garage doors of any townhome and since this was not part of the claims that the Association is not responsible. Do I have any recourse?

Options.

1 - A lawsuit.

2 - Add it to your insurance claim.

3 - Spend a few hundred on a new operator. If you are handy you can put one in for under $200. If you need to have it installed, might cost you $300.