pigletd

back pay-no pay

I have been shorted on several paychecks that total over 100 hours going back for atleast 3 years. My last paycheck was 20 hours short. I can prove some of the hours by payroll sheets compared to actual paycheck stubs showing that I was definetly shorted hours.  I can only prove about 1/4 of my checks short because the manager refuses to give me a copy of my signed paroll sheets. Also, I can prove that my time clockhours have been altered. How can I get my money owed to me?

In any future posts, please use normal fonts -- i.e., don't write everything in bold-italics.  Those things are for emphasis and make it hard to read what you write when used for the whole thing.

16 minutes ago, pigletd said:

the manager refuses to give me a copy of my signed paroll sheets.

Take photos with your phone before submitting.

17 minutes ago, pigletd said:

How can I get my money owed to me?

Make a wage claim with the Department of Industrial Relations.  Note that, because you waited so long, you might not be able to go back the full three years that you mentioned.  It's also hard to understand remaining in a job for so long when this sort of thing is happening.

I know it does sound a little crazy tostay at a job wherethis was going on but in this day and age a job is good thing to have. The owner uses intimidation and threats of firing if any body tries doing anything that he doesn't  like. Also, I no longer work there. I was fired for going to gay pride june 27th. but that's another topic all toether.

taking photo's of time sheets is a good idea but the majority of the time he doesn't even let us sign our time sheets and just puts them thru with HIS SIGNATURE instead of mine.

I know, crazy huh?