TDS

Child's B'day

We are still going through the divorce and have verbal commitment between the two lawyers and both parents to have the child for 5-2-2-5 schedule. My son's b'day falls on a Saturday which happens to be father's weekend. Father and his lawyer are saying we cannot have mother meet the child as it is fathers weekend. What can be done if I (mother) want to meet the child for few hours on child's b'day?

There isn't a legal issue here. If there are specific days you want to make an exception to the usual custody arrangement, you will have to negotiate it like anything else.

20 minutes ago, TDS said:

My lawyer has sent them an email and trying to call his lawyer but they are not responding.

Since there is no court order, you have the option of just keeping your son that weekend for his birthday and let your husband stew in his own juice.

Just don't tell him in advance that you are going to do that.

On 4/20/2017 at 0:19 PM, TDS said:

We are still going through the divorce and have verbal commitment between the two lawyers and both parents

So...you also have a lawyer.

On 4/20/2017 at 0:19 PM, TDS said:

What can be done if I (mother) want to meet the child for few hours on child's b'day?

What did your lawyer say when you asked him/her this question?