PSYKICH

medical billing

I have received a bill (as have others I know) from a medical facility (same facility as others who have received such bills)  for an appointment I had which occurred one year or more After the appointment.  I believed I had paid my co-pay at time of appointment. Now I can't find my receipt.  Is there a time frame attached as to how long after a service is performed that it can legally be billed?

Is there a time frame attached to any kind of service as to when it can be billed - and after which it is now longer legal to bill?

There is no law anywhere that governs when a bill can be rendered for a service or purchase.  You may be confused with the statute of limitations, which limits the time within which a party can bring legal action to enforce a debt.

Thank you.  "...can bring legal action to enforce a debt."  That would be in reference to already billed but unpaid debt, am I correct?