Jalyssa83016

Just a General Question.

My daughters father and I currently share custody I get her 5 days he gets her 2 days because of his work schedule. A while back we got into a heated argument via text and I mentioned suicide. I felt like I was at a breaking point. All I did was go home and went to sleep. I never attempted it as a matter of fact when I got home I forgot about it. I take extra care of my daughter in terms of dr visits getting the proper nutrition she always cleaned and well groomed he hasn't done much for her by the way my question is can he used that text message I sent months ago about suicide against me and I lose custody of my daughter even though I have never attempted it?

Well, then he has no legal rights to assert at this time.  It takes court action for him to be declared the legal father.  You have custody and absent a court order, he has no visitation right to asset either.  He only sees her if and when you allow it.  I would note that obviously he didn't take you seriously or he would have sent the cops over to check on you....

On 4/15/2017 at 8:28 AM, Jalyssa83016 said:

can he used that text message I sent months ago about suicide against me and I lose custody of my daughter even though I have never attempted it?

Can he use it?  Of course.  Will it be dispositive of the issue?  Unlikely.