Tbfofdsm

Job taking me out of town once in awhile

My job has me going to Colorado on two weeks.  It is a mandatory trip.  My ex gets the kids Friday at 5pm til Sunday at 5pm.  The weekend he gets them I will have left 3 days prior.  My family can't help me get the kids to the meeting place which is an hour drive.  I txtd the ex 2 weeks in advance telling him the news and I sd there are options.  

1. Take them this Easter wknd when I am suppose to have them.

2. Come and pick the kids up the day he is suppose to have them.

3. Wait to see the kids the weekend after I get back.  

He responded saying he will take me to court if I cannot have the kids at the meeting place when they are suppose to be.  Again in told him I have a mandate ry trip for my job, not pleasure trip and I have no one to help me that weekend.  Please work with me on that weekend.  

My questions are....can I really get punished by a job for a mandatory job trip? I gave him 2 weeks notice and sd there are options.   Would a judge really punish me for leaving for my job?  I could lose my job if I refuse to go.  Would a judge basically tell my ex to work together on this and compromise once in awhile due to my job?

I don't know your judges but I would be very surprised if any judge would punish you under the circumstances you described.  That is not to say that your ex couldn't file a motion to hold you in contempt.  But if he did you would both be inconvenienced by the need to appear in court.  I suspect he is just blowing smoke.

Is there a reason he can't take the kids the day before you leave?  Why not give him an extended visit?  The order is the minimum.  There's no reason he can't have them for more time.

11 hours ago, Tbfofdsm said:

can I really get punished by a job for a mandatory job trip?

Yes.  However, and while it depends on what actually happens, it's unlikely the court would do anything if you do not adhere to the letter of the divorce decree/custody order under the circumstances.

11 hours ago, Tbfofdsm said:

Would a judge basically tell my ex to work together on this and compromise once in awhile due to my job?

This question only makes sense if the issue comes before the court before this happens, which is extremely unlikely.  However, the court certainly does expect the two of you to behave like reasonable adults.

All that said, I agree with "LegalwriterOne," and there are other options than what you put in your post.