chaks

misdemeanor and background check

I have been charged with misdemeanor around couple of months back. I have 9 years and 3 years old daughters and I left them in car with open windows in open parking lot (60 degree temp) of Walmart to quickly buy a gift for the party we were going to attend. My elder daughter had my phone in her hand. I came back in around 15-20 minutes and found a cop next to my car. He asked me few questions and issued a warrant for misdemeanor for child negligence. He said he was less worried about injuries, but more worried about someone kidnapping my kids. I went to jail, I was arrested and my husband bailed me out for $150. My court appearance is on April 12th and my lawyer says that he hasnt got any papers from police station regarding my case yet, so he hasn't been able to talk with prosecutor to plead in my case. He says that he is going to try for expungement of this record against my name, but it may take few months.

I am working as a nurse practitioner in a reputed medical company in Atlanta since last two years. That company is being acquired by another local medical company. Now I have to go through background check process for it in next two weeks and I really nervous about it. I am planning to write down what happened, what I learned from it. 

I would like to know what can happen and what should I do. I am completely clueless. Twenty minutes of an episode(which I never would have thought could endanger my kids) is now becoming a monster havocing peace of my mind and alter my life completely.

1 hour ago, chaks said:

I would like to know what can happen and what should I do. I am completely clueless.

That is exactly what you should be asking your attorney.