JAvit

closed case during pre trial dui classes

I got a legitimate DUI. I knew better but I went out with a co-worker after work and I am a server so I also already smelled like alcohol. When I was pulled over about three minutes after leaving the bar, I didn't argue it. I cooperated 100% with the police officer and told him I had three long island ice teas and I smelled like alcohol anyways because I was wearing an entire tray of drinks that had spilled on me earlier (the reason my coworker thought I could use a drink after that hellish shift). I failed the sobriety test and went to the police station and did the breathalyzer, again cooperating 100%. I spent about three hours in a cell and was released but because I had no ride the police officer drove me to a local McDonalds and I was picked up from there. I went to court and the prosecutor offered classes and a victim impact panel with a successful application and payment. I pay, I go back to court a month later and the application is approved and I think everything is all set. I start my classes but at my second class the instructor pulls me aside and has me read an email from the program administrator. All it says is I no longer need to continue classes because my case is closed...WHAT!? Now I am freaking out because I thought everything was good, I was going to take the classes, attend the VIP for MADD and at the end of the year return to court for a nolle. I was told to leave the class and all he could say was that he had never seen this before...so what does this mean?

Sorry, but no one here has any knowledge about your case beyond what you tell us.  I suggest you consult with a local attorney.