Retailer

Can I place manufacturers' catalogues in my website

I am a retailer of water pumps and other mechanical equipment and I am selling various brands. 

I want to place manufacturers' catalogues and other PDFs with technical specifications in my website.

Is it legal or should I have permission from each manufacturer ?   

Thank you

On 11/3/2017 at 6:11 PM, RetiredinVA said:

Since all such documents are almost certainly copyrighted, you would need the manufacturer's permission to post their documents.

Thank you for the information. 

In this case, could I have a link to manufacturer's website for more information about the products?

If not, how can I provide inormation about the products? All information are according to manufacturers' specifications.

Thank you 

If you are going to sell these products you should contact the manufacturer and request permission to use the product information.  They should be happy to allow you to do so since you are accting as a sales agent for them.

On 3/11/2017 at 7:18 AM, Retailer said:

Is it legal

Maybe.

On 3/11/2017 at 7:18 AM, Retailer said:

should I have permission from each manufacturer ?

Yes.

For starters, your spelling of "catalogues" suggests you might not be in the U.S.  If that's correct, then the applicable law will be completely different.  In any event, I agree that the catalogs are likely protected by copyright.  Additionally, posting the catalogs at least raises potential trademark issues.

2 hours ago, Retailer said:

could I have a link to manufacturer's website for more information about the products?

You certainly could.

2 hours ago, Retailer said:

how can I provide inormation about the products?

There's a difference between posting an entire catalog and providing particular information.  However, I agree with "RetiredinVA":  "If you are going to sell these products you should contact the manufacturer and request permission to use the product information.  They should be happy to allow you to do so since you are [acting] as a sales agent for them."